6

"Here we are.." Kakashi says as he opens the door to his home and invites the two in.

"Arigato." Haku bows. Aru simply stares at the moderately decorated interior.

"The Hokage said it would be best if you were supervised by a village ninja, and it just so happens that we have a couple of spare rooms." He explains, putting his keys back in his pocket and taking a quick glance around the empty house. He finds a slopily written note on the coffee table in the living room.

Aru and Haku follow him inside and close the door.

"Sorry to have to leave so soon, but I need to go. Make yourselves at home." He smiles before disappearing in a puff of smoke, leaving the two younger ninjas to stare after him in slight disbelief.

Aru sits down on the plush couch and pulls her legs to her chest, sighing through her nose.

Haku takes a look around the tidy little home, opening doors and familiarizing himself with the layout. He'd found one room full of children's things and two separate beds, one a crib and the other a small twin size covered in a thick flower patterned quilt.

Across the hall from that room was the bathroom and beside it was a somewhat smaller room with nothing but a folded futon in the corner and a small dresser on the far wall. There was another empty room similar to the last with only a small bed and dresser. The room on the end of the hall was locked. On the other side of the living room was a nice little dining room and beyond that a relatively spacious kitchen. While in the kitchen he looked through the cupboards for a glass. When he found them, he filled one with water and brought it back into the living room for Aru.

"Thank you.." She says quietly, accepting the glass and uncurling from her previous position. He smiles in reply and takes a seat beside her. And then they wait.

And wait.

And wait some more.

Eventually the two fall asleep there on the couch.

It wasn't until later the next day, as Haku was making lunch with what was in the kitchen, that Kakashi came back carrying a little girl that appeared to be about six or seven with a warm honey colored hat and scarf and wavy silver hair. He sets her down and greets the two with a simple, "I'm back."

The little girl follows the smell of dumplings into the kitchen, past a slightly confused Aru and stares at Haku for a moment before saying, rather bluntly, "You're pretty."

Both sweatdrop at her and look to each other before Aru points out, also quite blunt, "He's a boy."

She looks at the both of them questionably. Then blushes and stiffly makes her way out of the kitchen.

Aru looks at Haku, who shrugs, and they both get back to making lunch.

Later, they learn the identity of the little girl to be Kakashi's daughter, Kizuna. They get to know her a little more, and she reminds Aru of herself in a way...  A little girl with lots of hope and energy. A fire burns within her. A strong and bright one Aru found herself fond of.

====

Huu~!

Finished~!

What do you think?? Should I continue with the crossover or no?

I love your comments and suggestions! Keep it up?

'Till next time~!

-AR334