three - Goodbye

~Unedited~

"A goodbye is never painful unless you're never going to say hello again." Anonymous

Willow Kimble

After eating the delicious waffle, I got ready for school. Today is the day I am going to start my training; it is also the day I say goodbye to Dad. I don't want to say goodbye, but for his sake I will stay strong. I will not cower in fear, nor will I give up. He would be proud of me if he heard those words; unfortunately there is not enough time to say them.

                               ......~......

I unbuckled, opening the car door to my right. Holli unbuckled and followed me out of my Dad's car. She closed the door on her way out. Omid had called shotgun earlier, and now he too emerged gloomy from the car. We all pulled Dad in for a hug.

For the first time in eleven years, he is crying. His tears represent his despair, while his smile shows us his love. He will miss us, and us him. We just need to remember that he will always be watching over us, even if he can't be there for us.

We all pulled away from the hug, grabbing our bookbags. In them we just have our personal belongings; I had a few books, an music player, and sketch pad with a bunch of art utensils. Holli had Scott, a few books, and a couple of pictures of our family of when mom was still alive. Omid didn't have much, just a couple of books and his music player.

Dad gave us a few motivational words, then bid his goodbyes. I didn't listen to what he had to say, because I know that if I did, I would break down then and there. I curtly turned away, not glancing behind me as I walked towards the school at a gradually speeding pace.

                               ......~......

I sat in my homeroom class, waiting for everyone else to arrive. The teacher, Mrs. Anderson, was giving me a sad smile, practically buried with pity. Next to her stood a Lemurian troop officer. The troop officer is dressed the traditional Lemurian way, tan summer Hawaiian skin, brown eyes, and jet-black hair.

Some Lemurians can be some-what Australian-esque, sometimes you can find Jamaican Lemurians, while others seem to be Hawaiian-like, and sometimes there's even Brazilian-like Lemurians. Hawaiian Lemurians are bit more welcome to humans, Brazilian Lemurians are pretty neutral, (but they're always smiling,) Jamaican Lemurians are the most considerate, and Australian Lemurians are the strongest soldiers, who, I assume, are a bit less intimidating once you get to know them. The Australians also tend to goof off a lot. Thank you for the help, Discovery channel.

A silver glint caught my eye. There, clipped to the Lemurians' shirt, was a name plate. It read KAPONO in black lettering. I assume that's his name. It definitely sounds Hawaiian.

Besides that, I've just now noticed that people I know from class are finding their respective seats. There were about ten extra peole who I've never seen, standing in any empty space. I assume that they were from small neighboring schools, and were moved to a bigger school to make it easier. I'm not sure.

Once Valrie, my best friend, sat down next to me, the teacher started announcing a few things.

"Hello, students," Mrs. Anderson smiled falsely, "Today you will all be tested on various subjects to determine what division you will be in for the seven years of training. You will be called by name, you will leave your belongings at your seat, and will escort yourself to the office at the back of the room," She pointed to a closed door, "and you will proceed to take the test. Kapono will explain the rest and answer any questions after everyone has completed their test."

All of the students nodded, or kept the indifference that was prominent on their face. I knew that I probably won't be called for a while, and tuned out everything except for my thoughts.