Flashback Part One

He remembered the operation.

Of course. Why wouldn't he?
The pain..
Oh God the pain...
He cringed just thinking about it. No one knew his real face, because they were too young. Or, they didn't want to remember. The doctors did what they could to save him, but underneath his new face there were still scars...

I t  a l l  started  y e a r s  a n d 
y e a r s  a g o . . .

His blue-gray eyes rocketed open, shock evident on his features. He was woken by a scream downstairs.  My parents! he realized. Quietly creeping down the stairs with his nightgown and teddy bear, he saw something that would forever mold his mind into what it is today. It would always haunt him. His poor, fragile innocence was shattered.

That m-man...
M-my p-parents...

A dark figure, blood streaked across his overcoat, was leaning over the mutilated bodies with a used knife in his hand. The man was special, for he had the gift of flame. But he didn't use the gift for good.

Evil, torture, pain, you name it, he did it.  A l l  f o r  f u n. The flame he carried didn't melt his icy heart."No Mercy" was his catchphrase.

A low creak was heard, and a whimper escaped the young boy, sweat dripping down his neck in fear. Darn these creaky steps! The man slowly turned to face the shivering boy. You could see lights where the man's eyes were supposed to be. Nothing humane was left. Soulless? Check. Dark figure? Check. This man was a demon.

The man chuckled giddily with a raspy and grating voice. "Oh? Another victim? How wonderful!" He clapped with glee, the bloodied knife impaling his hand again and again. He didn't care. He loved the pain. "Were those your parents? Whoops! I guess my knife slipped!"

In the pale moonlight you could slightly see the man smile with sharp teeth. They were stained, and you could tell how and what they were stained with.

"M-mom? D-dad?" The child nearly whispered. "W-what did you do to them?" Killed them. "W-what's that smell?" Blood. "Who
a-are you?" Your nightmares.

The boy had many questions, but one was booming in his brain, making him sniffle and start to cry.

"W   h   y ?"

The tears streaked down his face.
The man chuckled. "What's wrong, little boy? Miss your parents already? They were only gone for an hour or two! Don't worry...

YOU CAN JOIN THEM IN HEAVEN."

This booming voice of his made the child scream, alerting all his neighbors and people close by. Taking this into account, the man, no, demon cackled and called forth his flame. He then stomped towards the boy and leaned in close so his voice could be heard well and rancid breath could be smelled.

"This is a private party boy. V.I.P.s only. We can't have uninvited guests, now can we? Don't be a party pooper! Live a little! Or, why not DIE a little?"

The burning knife was plunged into the child's abdomen, and scratched across his chest. The demon lit the boy's face on fire with a torturous glee and put the fire out again, over and over. There were burns all over the child's face. The demon decided to scar the face too, and not just the body. The child's face was ruined with burn marks and blood. For an extra effect, the demon branded his master's numbers on the boy's back to remember him. To remember...

6 6 6

The evil number.

H I S number...