Flashback Part Two

When his neighbors found the little boy , barely alive, and his family's corpses, they were shocked beyond words.

"Who could've done this?" They said. Then, one widowed woman rolled the boy on his back, curious to see what other injuries he had. A gasp alerted the rest of the crowd.

"T-those numbers!"
"The devil's numbers!"
The crowd murmured.

Different people said the same thing in different words.
"This poor child is forever cursed..."
They didn't know what with though.

Gargled breathing alerted the crowd that the child was still alive! They rushed him to the hospital and the doctors said he was lucky to be alive from an attack like that.

The nurse whispered in the doctors ear that they couldn't save him, they didn't have the proper materials.
Then, the doctor had an idea! An idea so crazy, it just might work!

The doctor instructed one of the nurses the get some...
supplies.

The nurse came back with a sandwich, a camera, and medical equipment. The other nurses and doctors questioned him, but got no reply.

In a day, the operation was complete. The child was alive and breathing. The doctors and nurses were successful in bringing the child back, but not the poor parents. The demon-man was nowhere to be found.

The child woke within the month and wearily opened his eye.
Wait...
His eye?
As in, one eye?!?!?

He tried to move his arm to touch his face, but the pain was horrible. It coursed through his body, making him whimper. The doctor nearby was alerted his patient was awake, and rushed to the boy's side.

"Oh, good!" The doctor said. "You're awake! And I was worried you would be stuck in a coma forever and never wake up!"

These words troubled the poor boy, since his mind was so fresh and young, he didn't quite have a grasp on mortality, for his only pets were fish and guinea pigs. Nothing which he had a serious emotional bond to, like a dog or cat.

Something clicked(heh) in the boy's head and his shaky voice asked the doctor about what happened.
"I-I heard something about a s-sammich and a cam'ra from one of the ladies. W-w-what did you d-do to me? I'm s-scared! I-it hurts a lot!" He whined.

"Well, we did the best we could to save you. That guy who hurt you really did a number on you and your parents, kid. The 'sammich' was for me for a snack. It was turkey with cheese, mustard, and pickles. Mmmm... it was good," the doctor said with a dreamy look on his face. "The 'cam'ra' was the only thing we had to replace your face. By the way, it's pronounced 'sandwich' and 'camera', not those baby ways of saying it."

The child was dumbstruck. He started to cry again and didn't stop until he ran out of tears. His face and mind was changed in a way he couldn't understand. But, in years time, he would understand what it meant to be tortured. To be pained.

Now he would be bullied.
He would be laughed at.
He would cry.
No one would care.
No one would want to be friends with him.
He was...

A L L A L O N E . . .