Chapter 1 (Part 1)

I sat there on the roof top of my big house, surround by the woods of my home land Canada. Looking out to where the graves of dead members of the Warrior family laid a half of a mile down, behind the house.

I sigh, it was one of those days where the past just likes to haunt me. No one, but me and few family members knew where I go when I needed to be alone. My best friends August, who was also my cousin in law and May-Joy my sister in law married to my younger brother Dan.

Eden one of my older brothers knew about the roof top, it was his place when he was my age. In two months, I'll be turning 21 years old. It would be nice to be married like my friends and plan on having children. But that's an old wish of mine.

I look behind, as I heard someone climbing out of my bedroom window and up to the roof. In a few seconds, I saw my older brother Jaynn, he's dark brown hair comb back and his glasses clean, cleanest I've seen them. His eyes dark blue showed me that he was sleepy, but excited for what today was.

"Your not dressed?" He wasn't all that surprised. "Our Uncle, crazy Neil is coming with his new wife Ania and her son Xavier. Remember?"

"I remember, I'll get dress when I want to. They wouldn't be here for another 45 minutes. You know I'm not a fan of new family members", I pause, looking at the graves before speaking once more. "It's not like Xavier is one of us, he isn't a warrior... and never will be".

"Yes, I know. But he is still apart of the family, even if you don't like it", Jaynn spoke, calmly as he heard by dad that I had another nightmare form the past. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"There's nothing to talk about... it was just that huge battle... but I'll be fine", I stood up, keeping my words short. "I don't need to talk about it, what I need is time to myself, before everyone asks me questions on what I'll do when dad decides that it should be me for the next leader".

"You know, well enough that he will pick you because you are stronger than most of us men in the family".

"I don't want it, I'm done talking... I'll see you later at the party... tell dad that I'll be late", I spoke a bit loud, while I start to climb my way down the house and jumping off the roof of the backyard outside seating area. Landing on my feet, I stop to hear my brother's last words.

"Don't get too bored".

After that, I just walked, heading to the graves to where my mother Zina was buried. I loved her so much, I watched her die after giving birth to my youngest brother David. I was just nine, my first year of training to become what I am now. An female warrior of the Warrior family.

I was named after her, she was just 42 when she died. She give birthed to my four brothers and myself. My father Lionel-David had a partner before her, they just had two children, my older brothers. Eden and Lionel the second, Lionel died before I was born, at the age of six with his mother Luna when she was 26.

********

That's all, for now. I'll update part two soon. Bye.