contract 1

As jake settled down into his new quarters he could already tell that getting along with the crew was going to be hard especially fred who learned not to bring up jakes old squad "just until I can do my mission" Jake assured himself as he thought to himself he was summoned to the debrief room for a contract. When he stepped into the debrief room he saw 5 others including fred the others were introduced as mark, amanda, John and julie they all were about as nice as a merc gets but the captain gave him a good welcome then mark(the captain) began the debrief "alright ladies new contract 500 thousand this one is and it's a 3 star simple assassination scout drone indicates twenty plus hostiles light defense loadout tactical gear and armor target is in upper west room of the house recommended stealth mission simple in and out john, fred I want both of you over watch here and here" --2min  after debrief-- now at the gear room everyone was gearing up jake had ground detail with the others at other times jake wouldn't  be this nervous but every since the accident  with his old squad was on a stealth mission  as he was thinking  one of the girls julie slapped him and got his attention  "I thought you were an experienced  merc   you look a little green right now cold feet?" She asked  "no just a bad memory" he said as they entered the mission zone he was teamed with julie and as they all went to their positions jake got an odd feeling in his stomach and apparently  he wasn't  the only one because  mark called up on the radio and said" hold up something  isn't right" as they all paused they analyzed the area then jake realized it the guards were already dead and when he did John came over the radio "sir no heat sinks  besides ours the place is clean " then without missing a beat everyone  moved in to the house as they searched everyone noticed one thing the house was spotless no bodies no blood no guards that's when John yelled over the radio" fifty plus foot mobiles  and counting we've  been compromised  abort the mission I repeat abort the mission!

To be continued...........