Chapter 16

Lee Jeongyeon POV

I opened my eyes and saw omma sleep peacefully beside me. I stared at her face before off to bathroom to take shower. I turned on the water. At the same time, my tears rolled down to my cheeks. If only I can cry in front people, I don't have to be like this.

We need to leave this evening. Jongdae sent omma message yesterday and told her that, he will back home tomorrow. So omma decided to go home today. Omma really worried about Jongdae although he already big enough.

I'm off to my room and find the box that I used to put our photo album. I wrote a letter before putted in that box. I putted the box in my closet. I saw omma walked passed my room. She gave a weak smile before went downstairs. Omma condition become more bad each day, I worried about her.

I went downstairs and found she already packed everything. She really prepared to meet his son well. Suddenly a door bell rang, I opened it. Of course it none than other, Hyejung. She said her family invited us to eat at her house. Since today our last day here, we just agreed.

We headed to Hyejung's house. Omma really happy to see her friend or Hyejung's mom. I just sat beside Hyejung quietly. Our lunch filled up with the laughter of the ahjumma here. Ops. After we finished, I helped Hyejung cleaned up although she told me not too.

" Hyejung " I called her. She looked at me.

" Can you keep this for me ? " I handed her my late grandma house key. She was taken back when she saw it.

" Yah, why you give me this ? You should keep this not me " she replied.

" When he want come here, give this to him " I told her.

" Who 'him' ? " she asked curiously.

" You will know later. Omma called me. I need to go " I excused myself. I was about to leave the kitchen when she suddenly grabbed my wrist.

" You hide something right ? Tell me what is it " I smiled and gently pulled my wrist from her grip.

" If only I was able to tell you, I already tell you " I replied.

" Tell me when you come to Seoul " I added before left her clueless alone.

I waved goodbye to Hyejung's family. I went back to my house to take omma's luggage and putted it into cab's bonnet. We off to airport now. Omma looked happy that we back. I can't help to feel happy for her. She must be missed Jongdae so much. Like I do.

" I learned new recipe with Hyejung's mom. I should try it later. Jongdae must be love it " omma said.

" He will surely love it since it from his mother " I reminded. She looked super happy when I said like that.
" Thank you for brought me here, Jeongyeon. Omma really happy " omma held both of my hands.

" I'm a person who should be thank omma for spend time with me. Thank you very much " I thanked her. I felt like my tongue twist with all the words come out from my mouth.

" Jeongyeon, if only I have a lot of time. I surely pay for your presence " why she said like that ?

" Omma, let's not talk about that. We have a lot of time to spend together " I replied.

" I really want to surprise Jongdae later. Maybe I should cook what I learned on his birthday so he will surely surprise. I guess I need to do so " she mumbled.

At this point, I told myself that I didn't regret what I did right now. I know what I want and I surely happy once I achieve that later.