The Moment Everything Went South

**BLARGH**

**SIGH**

**FLUSH**

I give up, I hate missing work, but I can't keep food in my stomach, and the simple fact that I haven't been able to leave the bathroom since I ate breakfast couldn't make it clearer, it is time for me to seek for medical help.

**RING** **RING** **RING** "Lisa Mayer, leave a message" "Lisa, you are not going to believe this, but I am sick, I believe I am coming down with the stomach flu, and I don't want to get anyone sick, so I am going to skip work to seek for medical help, I'll call you later" I say and hang up, I dial again **RING** **RING** "My love" Michael answers at the second tone "I'm sick, I am going to the hospital, but if you or Lisa need anything, call me" I answer back "Sick? What's wrong?" he asks "I think I'm coming down with the stomach flu" I answer "Do you want me to go with you?" he asks "And get you sick? No, I'll call you when I'm out" I answer "Okay, keep me updated" he says "Okay" I add "Love you" he says "Love you more" I say and hang up.

"Miss Alexandra Moore" the doctor calls and I nod "I have excellent news for you" he says as he enters the cubicle "You are not coming down with stomach flu, actually, you are not coming down with a flu or any cold" he says "Indigestion?" I ask and he shakes his head "Then what's wrong with me?" I ask "Nothing, you are pregnant" he answers "What?" I ask as I look at him "You are pregnant" he answers "I had my period, I haven't had any symptom, I can't be pregnant" I say "I see that the news aren't as excellent as I thought" he says and I make a face "Miss Moore, the blood test doesn't lie, you are pregnant, besides, every pregnancy is different, you not having all the symptoms doesn't mean you are not pregnant" he says "And the period?" I ask "The fact you are pregnant doesn't mean you don't have a period, Miss Moore" he says and I sigh even harder "I'll give you a prescription for pre-natals, you need a few days off work to rest, drink a lot of fluid, and I recommend you go see your gynecologist" he says and I nod "That's all, you can go home" he says , I grab my purse, and head out of the hospital.

**I'M SO INTO YOU** "Mr. Grey" I answer "You are not in the office, you don't have to call me like that" he answers "Force of habit" I say "What's wrong?" he asks "Nothing is wrong, why would be something be wrong?" I answer "Alexandra" he calls and I sigh "I'm pregnant" I say and there is not a sound in the other line "Michael?" I call as I look at my phone, maybe the phone call dropped "Are you there?" I ask as I place the phone in my ear "Yes, but did you...how?" he asks "How you think?" I ask back "The shower" he answers "What are we going to do?" I ask "This complicates things, but I'll figure it out" he answers "Michael, I can't hide this for long" I say "And by the time that belly starts growing, I'll have solved this matter" he says and I sigh "What did doctor said?" he asks "He sent me home for a few days, prescriptions for prenatals, drink a lot of fluids, and since I have to stay home for a few days, I will take that time to go see my gynecologist" I answer "Drop your prescription at the pharmacy, I'll pick it up, I can get you a huge bowl of soup from Mrs. Tata, and send the number of your specialist, I'll call and make an appointment for you, and Magda can take your place until you feel better" he says and I smile "Why are you smiling?" he asks "Because I have you" I answer "I love you" he says "I love you more and thank you" I say "Everything for my queen" he says and I blush "See you soon" he adds "Bye" I say as I hang up.

**WHEN THE SUN SHINES, WE'LL SHINE TOGETHER** "Lisa" I answer "You can't be sick, not now, I have tons of court trials, and I need your help organizing the cases" she answers back "You realized I wasn't coming to work at 10:30 am? Did you heard my message?" I ask her "I don't pay too much attention to them, you have never taken a day off, because you are sick" she answers and I roll my eyes "Please Alexandra, I need you back, Magda doesn't understand my system" she begs and I sigh "I can't go to work, but you are lucky I scan all your files, I will organize them, and send them back to you" I say "Thank you" she says "Good bye" I say as I hang up.