Things Never Go According To Plan

Michael Grey's Point Of View

"Michael..." Mother starts to say, but I raise my hand, and she stops talking, "I'll talk to you as soon as I secure that my wife is on her way to the hospital" I say as I fetch my phone from my pocket and dial Matt's number **RING** **RING** "Boss" he answers "Are you done with trials and meetings?" I ask "Yes, is everything alright? Did something happened?" he asks back in response "Alexandra has a terrible pain in..." "I am on my way up, what do you need me to do?" he says cutting me off "I kind off told my parents about our marriage and her current state" I say "I'll take her to the hospital, you deal with the pack of vultures" he says "Thank you" I say as I hang up.

"I'm sorry, I should have stayed home" she says and I kiss her head "This is not your fault, my love, besides they would have to find out one day" I say "They are going to tears us apart" she says as tears pile up in her eyes "No, my love, that's is not going happen, I promise" I say and she cries, I clean her tears "Have I broken any of my promises?" I ask her and she shakes her head "Then if I promise that we are going to stay together" "We will stay together" she adds and I kiss her head.

**PING** "I'm here, let's get her to the hospital" Matt says as he exits the elevator "Matt and Lisa will be with you as I deal with this, okay" I say and she nods "I love you" I say "I love you too" she says and place a soft kiss on her lips. Matt picks her up and carries her to the elevator, as soon as the elevator's door close, and it starts to go down, I turn and look at the angry mob "Let's deal with this in my office" I say as I pass through them and to my office.

"Ask away" I say as I sit down "Are you truly married to this girl?" Mother asks "Yes" I answer "You are telling me, that you got married with that girl, when we forbid you to" she says "Yes" I answer "Michael Dorian Grey, how could you disobey us like that? We told you that Alexandra was not the right girl for you, why? Because she is not wife material for you, she is a common girl, your marriage is not going to last" she snaps "I have been married to Alexandra for 8 years, we are as happy as we can be, if my marriage doesn't last is because you get involve, and mess it up" I snap back "Marshall say something to your son" she says to my father "You truly love her" he says and we all look at him "You went against us, Michael, and you only do that when you truly want something" he says "Marshall..." "How does she deal with the fact that your marriage has to stay in the dark?" he asks ignoring Mom "I don't know how she puts a smile on her face every morning, but she does, and in the 8 years we have been together, she has never asked me to tell you or anything like that, she just lives a happy life next to me" I answer "A happy life next to your bank account" my mother says "Alexandra works, she has her apartment, she pays for it, I barely pay something, maybe if we order take out or if I make her a present, our bank accounts are separated, she has her money, and I have mine" I say "Smart the girl, isn't..." "Kathia, enough" father says and she looks at him "What?" she asks "You heard me, stop giving your son a hard time" he answers and my mother rolls her eyes to the heavens as my father looks at the Burns.

>>"Fusioning our business together would have been a great business, but my son is happily married and I can't take that away from him, much less now, that he is expecting my first grandchild, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid, you have to find someone else to marry your daughter" Father says "Marshall, I was promised a husband for my daughter, I want a husband for my daughter or I take everything you have" Mr. Burns says "Father only wanted me to get married with you, so I could cover my pregnancy" she says "Morgan..." "Enough father, you are about to destroy another family to hide my disgrace, I'm not going to allow it" she says and he sighs "David is a good man, I know you don't like him much, but he is going to be a good father, he loves me, and I love him, Dad, please leave them alone, and allow me to be happy" Morgan says "She right, love, allow her to be happy" Mrs. Burns says and Mr. Burns sighs "Marshall, don't worry, I am not going to do anything against you, I'm sorry, I got your family in such dilemma" he says "No worries, Martin" Father says and they shake hands.