The ambush in the lake

One week later, it was the day of my task and the whole of hogwarts, as well as Durmstrang and Beaubatons headed out to the lake again. I was a bit scared to be honest. The Venenum Mortem was quite dangerous to say the least, and although I had already figured out which spells I'd need, I knew this wouldn't be easy. Victor stayed with me right until the last minute when I dove into the water and cast my spell. It was a difficult charm but I had practiced it all week. After waving my wand and uttering the words, a goldish glow surrounded me. I held my breath for about ten seconds and then let go. And I could breathe. It had worked. So off I swam, at lighting speed through the water, a silvery tail instead of legs, and gill like growths on my neck. I was a merperson.
I only had one hour to get this creature, so I used a searching spell, getting my wand to point me in the direction of one of these creatures. With the spell, I got close in no time. It lead me to none other than the mer-kingdom, where the merpeople recognized me from the week before and we're more than happy to help me. They told me that they had five of the Venenum Mortem in the mer- zoo, which I was more than delighted to hear. I wouldn't have to fight them! The merpeople lead me to the zoo, right to the enclosure after which I thanked them, and cast a mirror spell on my eyes to reflect the hypnotizing rays. It was too easy after that. One of the creatures tried to put me under its spell, but my spell bounced back its powers, only to leave it in a sort of sleep. Conjuring a sort of tank, I used a spell to retrieve it from its enclosure and place it in the tank. Thanking the merpeople again, I promised to bring it back once I was finished. Then I began to head back up to the surface.
I was almost there when I was ambushed. Five Hogwarts kids, all from Gryfindor house, all with bubble head charms to breathe, shot spells at me, stealing the Venenum Mortem from me.
"We can't have you winning." Growled one as he raised his wand again and shot a spell at me to make me double over in pain.
"Durmstrang already won the other two tasks. Hogwarts has to win this one." Said another, making me tremble in anger.
"Those who are stronger will win." I snarled back, feeling a surge of magic corse through me. Then I let out all the power.
Let's just say they all fell unconscious and I got the Venenum Mortem back. Now I was definitely gonna be late.