Chapter two

Michael

I don't know how long I had laid in this bed for. My body was stiff from lack of movement, my body had turned into nothing but an empty shell. My eyes stared at the ceiling in the darkened room never looking anywhere else in case something would remind me-

I stopped the thought not allowing the pain to lace its way through my body. I tensed my muscles for impact and waited for the oncoming slaughter of memories that would tear my soul apart. If I had a soul...

Time had ceased to exist in my room, much like in the Chambers. Without light, time just stopped meaning anything. I didn't eat, I didn't move and when my body tried to sleep, I begged it not to. The dreams, the nightmares, the memories were too much. I was wasting away and I didn't care.

I just stared at the ceiling.

The door opened and I closed my eyes quickly, a hiss slipping from my mouth as the light from outside shown through, threatening to burn my eyes out of my socket.

"Ooh, hissing now are we? Are you a snake now Michael?" I internally groaned at the women's voice and opened my eyes to see Princess Phylow leaning over me, her face too close to mine for comfort.

Phylow was beautiful naturally, she looked like every other Golik except when coming to earth she had fallen in love with make-up, something human females and some males would put on their face to make them look more appealing for each other. It looked so weird seeing her with longer eyelashes, darkened eyelids, pink cheeks and ruby red lipstick. She'd also discovered that human's sometimes coloured their hair. She didn't want to ruin her hair though she had opted for coloured wigs. Today the colour of choice today seemed to be bubble gum pink, a repeat.

"Michael I am so bored, my human servants aren't fun to torture anymore, most of them to numb or too dead to actually react. It's so frustrating. So why don't you get out of bed and stop moping, it's embarrassing." Phylow huffed as she sat down on a chair beside my bed. She smelled too sweet and I wrinkled my nose to the scent.

"Oh, you noticed my new perfume." She seemed delighted that I had taken the time to react, "It's so deliciously sweet I wish I could drink it." She stopped looking at me as though she was waiting for something. I remained silent.

Phylow had taken it upon herself to be start getting me out of bed. Ever since the good doctor Alfred had done his weekly check up on me last week. He was just as empty as I was. After hearing his youngest son had died, he'd become hardened. His eyes were sunken in behind his glasses and he had lost more weight which alarmed me due to the fact he was already fragile and skinny. His skin had also gone a funny colour, it wasn't that dark olive that his children shared but it was almost pasty. He looked like a completely different man.

"Oh dear..." he murmured as he finished checking my vitals. My eyes flickered towards him and our eyes met. It was safe to meet his, he didn't share her eyes.

"Something wrong doc?" A guard whose name I didn't know stepped forward, his face the picture of boredom.

"Yes, something is wrong." He turned to the guard his back towards me, "I need to see the King, he'll want to know about this quickly so we can see how he would will us to proceed." Alfred explained slowly and the guard nodded.

I opened my mouth to speak but instead didn't bother. I didn't care what happened to me anymore. The only person I cared about didn't care about me. I closed my eyes tightly and again wished for this all to be a nightmare.

"Michael!" King Cezar stormed into the room followed by his advisor Titus and Alfred. My eyes stayed directly to the ceiling, not wanting to give the king a reason to hurt me, "How unfortunate, he does look terribly." He didn't seem to bother by the fact that I was looking under the weather.