Chapter thirteen

Talks between the leaders began immediately and talk about leaving right away were the first on the agenda. As the meetings continued on the structure of our attack, I was swatting off attacks from James who was flirting with me excessively. It was annoying as I tried to concentrate on the task at hand.

I don't know if I was going to come back to Seattle. It was perfect for me, I had a job of sorts. The people were willing to stand up for what they believed in. They weren't afraid but they weren't stupid about it. I could be in the open and not feel suffocated. Duke was right, it was the first time I'd been able to sit there and be happy.

As I packed up the rest of my things, I looked around the room thinking of taking a little momentum to remind me of here. Everything in the room belonged to Michelle and Connor and I didn't want to steal from them, especially after they were so good to me.

Sighing I packed up my bag and walked out of the room, closing the door slowly behind me. As I made my way downstairs I could help but feel a wave of sadness that hit me at the thought of leaving. It hit me harder than I thought and by the time I had made it down the stairs, I was suddenly wrapped up in Michelle's arms as she smoothed the top of my head.

"It's okay honey, I'll see you soon." She pulled away and wiped the stray tears that sat on my cheeks. "You can come back whenever you want, your room will be here waiting."

"Thank you so much, Michelle, for everything." I choked out and she held me a moment longer before picking up my bag that I had dropped. "Here I can-"

"I'm not the only one who is going to miss you." She whispered and I walked onto to the porch before being tackled by a tall blond headed boy, his arms wrapping around my waist tightly as I was lifted off the ground. Getting over the initial panic, I wrapped my arms around Connor's neck and held him tightly.

"Please let me go with you!" He whispered and I sighed, shaking my head knowing he would be able to feel it. "But I'm ready."

"Connor you listen to me, you are not coming! Okay, you may think you're ready but you aren't. You're only fifteen!" I pulled away and he pouted at me, quickly rubbing his sleeve over his eyes. "I'm sorry."

"I know you aren't." He snapped and I hugged him, though he didn't return it.

"Ever think it was because I wanted to keep you safe? What would your mum do without you?" I whispered and he sighed, as he hung his arms on my shoulder. "Going to be mad at me as I leave?"

"Shut up." He pushed me as we walked off the porch, Michelle following close behind me. "You're coming back right?" He asked and I bit my lip as Kasey rushed over, her tears red from crying.

"I'm going to miss you so much." Kasey cried and I opened my arms as she rested her head against my chest. She was holding back more tears but I could see her making a conscious effort to stop.

"I'll miss you too." I pulled her with me as I headed to the big crowd all standing around all the Golik transport vans. Fifteen hours stuck in a van doing nothing was going to be so entertaining.

As I walked through the crowd, I was stopped by a few students who would ask if I could let them come but I just shook my head and said goodbye. A lot of people asked if I was coming back, to which I would just shrug and smile before moving on. From the corner of my eye, I could see the Tremor brother's saying goodbye to a few people who they had bonded with, Little Jon clearly the more popular of the three of them. I couldn't see Michael and in the pit of my stomach I felt sick at the thought of him and Brittany having a secret long goodbye.

"You still mad at me?" Michael asked me and I turned around on my heels to see him standing there looking around. Crossing my arm, I shrugged and walked towards the van. "Can you at least tell me why you are mad at me?"