0.4

Henry

When he walked into his history class the next morning, he felt anything but ready to take the test.

He had tried all night to close his eyes and sleep, but every time he would try, his mind would rush back to Charlotte, and how his heart felt when he looked into her eyes. It was all he could get his mind to focus on.

Why was he feeling that way, when he had looked at her for years before, not feeling anything? Why did his heart jump in his chest when he hugged her? Why did his head hurt when he saw her walk away from his house? Why was his stomach full of butterflies just thinking about her?

Henry had liked girls before, and had been hurt more times than he could count. So he knew when his heart was beginning to fall for someone. He just never thought, that the next girl he would fall for, would be his best friend.

As he sat in the class room, waiting for the test to begin, all Henry wanted to do was go home. He needed time to think, not to write a test he was no longer confident in.

But regardless of what his head wanted, he wrote down whatever he could remember, in any attempt to not fail the test. And shocking enough, he didn't.

He was surprised beyond words when his teacher handed him a slip of paper, saying that he had passed with a B+. Not exactly the A Charlotte had been aiming for, but still, better than he could have ever done alone.

He left his class with a smile on his face, and instantly went to try to find Charlotte. When he saw her standing at her locker, like she always was that time of the day, he froze. How could he talk to her when he had left things so weird the night before?

He walked over to his locker, hoping that Charlotte would just walk by him, go to class on her own. She didn't need to walk with him everyday, right?

He shoved his history book in his locker as fast as he could, and grabbed his math textbook. If he could slip away before Charlotte even left her locker, then he wouldn't have to confront her for at least another hour. It seemed like the best bet for him.

He shut his locker as quickly as he could, and spun around, right into Charlotte.

"Going somewhere?" She asked him, her arms crossed over her chest.

"Yea, I was, um, going to class" he stuttered.

"Without me?" She said, "we always walk together to class. What's gotten into you?"

He needed to play it cool, he wanted to hide his feelings as far back into his heart as he could, so that Charlotte would never be able to see them.

"I just had a few questions for our teacher" he lied, "I wanted to go early to ask them before class started"

"Oh" Charlotte answered, "why didn't you just say so? Instead of acting all weird and such."

"Sorry" he said.

"You feeling okay?" She asked him, her brown eyes focused on his.

"Never better" he said, showing a small, but real smile. "I'll talk to you later okay?"

"Okay, see you soon" she called to him as he walked away from her.

He hoped in his heart that his actions weren't hurting her, in any way. He knew it was best to just lie to her, keep how he felt to just him. After all, he had kept the secret about him being Kid Danger for years, and no one had figured that one out.

No one that is, except Charlotte.

--------------
Hi everyone! How are you doing?

So I've been updating once a night since I stared this book, and I think that's what I'm going to try to do, at least until I fall out of this rhythm ;) I like posting more often! How are you all liking the book so far?

I have an Instagram, if you want to go and follow me, it's @/rieleandjace and I post anything and everything Chenry/Jaele related. I would love to meet some of you!

Natalie xx