I

Yuuri sat, his knees pulled up to his chest, his chin resting on top. He had been practicing for hours straight; he was, needless to say, exhausted. Viktor and him had not spoken about the kiss, not since it had happened. He felt his insides twist at the thought; why'd he do it?
"Yuuri!" Viktor sang, springing into the room. "How does a few drinks sound?"
  Yuuri blinked up at Viktor, not feeling up to drinking at all. "Uh-"
  "Amazing! Let's go!"
  Yuuri bit at the inside of his cheek, not wanting to disappoint Viktor. "Okay," he replied softly, knowing he wouldn't be the one drinking.
  The night was cold, just like every other night, and Viktors' blabbering was all Yuuri was able to hear. He kept his hands in his pockets as the two made their way to the bar. "C'mon, Yuuri, the bars just a hop, skip and a jump away! You can make it!"
  Viktor was ahead of him by a long shot, his scarf wrapped loosely around his frame. Yuuri could feel his cheeks heat up, quickly snapping his head down, hiding any evidence from the giddy Russian. He quickly made his way to Viktor, the sound of his shoes scraping against the cement echoing through his ears.
  "Yuuri, look!" Viktor exclaimed. "We can see the bar now!"
  Yuuri lifted his head up, nodding as he noticed the small pub. Viktor grabbed his arm, pulling him into the warmth of the deserted bar, grinning down at him. "Relax, you deserve it."
  Yuuri gave him a weary smile, hardly believing him. Do I really? He thought to himself. What have I actually done to deserve this? And he could not answer. All he had done was skate, not even as well as he wished, at that. He let out a sigh, Viktor not noticing this, and instead pulling him further into the place, plopping down on a stool.
  "What'll it be?" The bartender, a round, balding man with slits for eyes asked.
  "I'll have a Polugar," Viktor said.
  The man blinked at him, tilting his head to the side in slight confusion. Yuuri bit at his lip, realizing the man was not familiar with the more Russian beverage. "He'll just have a beer," Yuuri said quietly.
  Viktor turned his head towards the small, fleshy boy, before flashing him a smile. "I suppose a beer will be just fine."
  "And you?" The man asked, suddenly turning to Yuuri.
  "Oh, I'm fine with just a coke," he said, his face flushing.
  The man placed their drinks before them, Viktor giving him a grin before lifting the bottle to his lips, taking a long swig. Yuuri casually took small sips, keeping his eyes averted to the peanut shells which were scattered along the tabletop, as were full peanuts, too. It was a rather messy place, but homely all at the same time.
  "Yuuri," Viktor sung, poking his foot against his leg. "Why do you look so down?"
  Yuuri shrugged, looking up at him with a small smile. "Nothing's wrong, Viktor," he said quietly. 
  Viktor was not as airheaded as he seemed, though. He could tell when Yuuri was upset; he made it quite obvious, what with his sad puppy dog eyes.
  "Yuuri," Viktor said again. "Is it because I kissed you?"
  Yuuri's eyes widened at Viktor's words, quickly turning his cheek to him. "No."
  His eyes were gleaming as he smiled down at the shorter male, his hand placed under his chin. "Yuuri," he said again. "Did you not want me to do that?"
  Yuuri's face was beat red, his hands clasped shakily together. He was desperate for a subject change. "Is it because you are straight? Or because I am not your boyfriend?"
  Yuuri didn't say anything, though his eyes widened ever so slightly. "I will be your boyfriend," Viktor added.
  Yuuri looked up at him, confused as he hadn't said anything, though his heart was beating faster. Please, he whispered to himself, though not out loud. 
  "But not right now."
  Yuuri's hands dropped to his side. His heart seemed to stop, and he could no longer hear the blood rushing in his ears. Have I been rejected without even saying anything
  "I will be your boyfriend when you qualify for the Grand Prix Finals."
  "When I...qualify?" Yuuri whispered, his gaze meeting Viktor's.
  "If I become your boyfriend now, will you really try your hardest? Will you actually try to win, or will you brush everything off?"
  Yuuri didn't say anything. He didn't know, he didn't know, he didn't know. That's the only thing that went through his mind. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
  Viktor smiled. Yuuri's heart skipped a beat. I want you.
  "I know," Viktor said, smiling.
  Yuuri was unaware he had spoke his thoughts aloud, embarrassment washing over him. "But you can prove it to me by qualifying."
  Viktor took a gulp of his beverage, practically downing the whole thing in one go. "Another one!"
  And so it went on, Viktor drinking and drinking, Yuuri watching as his face began to flush with intoxication. Hours passed, the bar filled and then emptied as they sat at their seats, Viktor rambling on about his past competitions, the people he's met, Russia, and Yuuri listened. It was unlike Viktor to really talk about his life, in detail. He liked Viktor when he was intoxicated, Yuuri decided. He almost seemed like a normal person.
  "Tell me, Yuuri," he slurred. "Why have you never been with somebody?"
  Yuuri looked at him, confused. "Been with somebody?"
  "Sexually."
  His face flushed again, and he could feel sweat beginning to form on his forehead. "W-what kind of question is that, you pervert?!" He stuttered, his voice rising an octave.
  Viktor let out a low, melodic laugh. He shook his finger at the small boy, his bloodshot eyes pouring into his. "That's why!" He exclaimed. "I should have known."
  "What? What's why? Stop assuming things, you don't know the half of it!"
  "You're too insecure. People want a confident male who knows how to hold himself up. You're attractive, Yuuri, if you had the same confidence in yourself as I do in you, you would definitely have got around at least a little."
  Disgusting. That's all Yuuri could think of; disgusting. The idea of Yuuri sleeping with somebody he did not love brought goosebumps to his arms. Sure, he was curious on what...it would be like, but he knew he would only be disappointed to do it with somebody he did not love.
  "Can we please talk about something else?" Yuuri almost whined, his eyes squeezed shut.
  When Viktor did not reply, he opened his eyes to find the man passed out drunk, his face pressed against the countertop. A small smile spread across his lips, as Yuuri quietly looked on. He would not remember this conversation in the morning, though Yuuri would. He would remember any conversation with Viktor, or so he thought.
  Viktor.

Not all of the chapters will suck as much as this one did. It was actually really difficult for me to write, as I still have no idea where this story is going, and I only have a fraction of a plot. Please bare with me, I will figure something out soon!!