9 ; honestly

Incoming Call
Person w the Most Awful Name EVER
6 : 23 pm

"What is it now, Clark?"

"Forgive me, beloved. For I have sinned against your will."

"No can do, my good sir."

"What must I do to earn your trust once again, dearest? I shall fulfill it for I cannot live with you, milady, infuriated by a simple lad as I."

"Boo! Worst English accent I have ever heard in my entire life. Correct me if I'm not but I think you spoke using the wrong grammar."

"I don't even know, you little tangerine Grammar Nazi. I just want to be less guilty. I shouldn't have realized ─"

"Realized what?"

"That Saturn's your sister... that you had a sister named after a planet. Sorry, it was pretty insensitive for me to do."

"Can you please stop being sorry for everything all the time? It really gets annoying sometimes."

"Oh... well, that was ─"

"Rude?"

"Honest."

"I guess I hate keeping secrets and lying and... stuff. It's just... it's stupid. And, by the way, h-how'd you know about Saturn?"

"I told you I've done some research. I went to the orphanage yesterday and looked through a few of your papers."

"What the ─ what are you? Working for the FBI? Dude, that's so creepy."

"I know... I know. Did that make you mad at me more?"

"It did, Superman. It did. Like, why?!"

"So I can help you?"

"I'm fine. I don't need help from a creepy inquisitive stranger who doesn't even know how to engage people to buy cookies! Now, his little sister has to suffer a life with an extraneous brother who obviously fakes optimism just to put on a good facade in front of people."

"Wow. That's what you think of me all this time?"

"Clark, I ─"

"You know what? Don't even mind apologizing. Maybe you are just being honest. I'm sorry I never got to notice that, Shirley."

"Clark, pleas─"

Call Ended
6 : 26 pm

"Shit, I fucked up real quick."

***

(A/N) this chapter is dedicated to joy (tysm for everything <3)

+

i also want to say thank you to all of you because i just realized that this story already has a thousand reads GAAAAAHHHHH I LOVE YOU GUYS SM - lara xx