1 ; meeting superman

(a/n) omg i've been really excited to share shirley & clark's story so here ya go! i hope y'all will like it as well as saturn & jackson's story!!

also, dedi to gabby bc Once Upon A Bathroom Stall made me want to go find me some Parker Perkins <3

now, without further ado, i present to you the first chap of In Another Call

***

Incoming Call
Unknown Number
5 : 34 pm

"Hello there."

"Okay... so, who is this exactly?"

"This is Superman speaking. Now that you know who I am, who are you?"

"I would've said Lois Lane but I had my doubts now that I know who you are."

"Rude! You don't even know me."

"Pfft, of course I do."

"Then who am I?"

"Superman, duh! Whoa, what's happening to you? Had a taste of kryptonite?"

"Well, it's safe to say I might've had a taste of you since you're my kryptonite. Thanks. Now, I clearly understand why is this abruptly happening to me."

"You sound like a cheesy robot."

"Cheese is good."

"And so is the sound of me hanging up."

"Wait!"

"Why?"

"I'm no Superman, okay?"

"I think I already knew that before this conversation even existed."

"That was really mean of you to say."

"Yea, well, I never said I was not mean. Maybe I shouldn't have answered this call in the first place."

"Look, I'm just an ordinary guy who's about to get fired if you end this freaking call! So can you please, please at least be cooperative and perhaps, be a tad kind?"

"It depends."

"Depends on what?"

"On why you called."

"I was about to offer you to buy a certain product..."

"Hmm, what's the product?"

"It's a revolutionary device! It's inevitably necessary for your daily liv─"

"Blah blah blah. Enough of your long inaccurate introduction! What the heck are you selling?"

"Promise not to laugh."

"Aw, but I can't promise you anything, Superman. We just met."

"Ugh, fine. I'm selling..."

"Could you speak a little louder? I can't hear it."

"I'm selling..."

"Superman!"

"Kryptonite?"

"Seriously? This doesn't increase the chances of me actually buying God-knows-what you're selling."

"See, maybe you really are my kryptonite because I just can't seem to tell you. You make me weak."

"Then good luck on hopefully finding a possible customer. Adios!"

"Wa─"

Call Ended
5 : 37 pm

"Why Krypton? Why do you have to blow up and make me live in this noisome planet named Earth?"