Chapter One

I felt around the cold stone floor with my hands, searching blindly for the food I heard plop on the floor.

Where is it?

"Your pathetic." I tried to look at where the voice was coming from. Ranr didn't like it when I was turned the other way. He always beat me when that happened, calling me mean names.

I paused and touched the soft thing on my eyes, wondering if that was supposed to be there. But of course it was, it's been there since birth, but it didn't help me with trying to look at Ranr.

"Tsk. I can't believe you're alive. I should kill you." Ranr grabbed my hair and I didn't cry out even though it hurt. Ranr said I couldn't cry out because I'm a demon. A monster. I didn't deserve to have emotions, that was what Ranr said and Ranr was always right.

"I should kill you," hissed Ranr. "Gut you out, cut off your limbs over and over and over until your begging for me to end your life. But your a demon who took the form of a child, deceiving me. How can I kill a child?"

I couldn't hold it in. My head hurt, my heart hurt, my stomach hurt. I started to whimper.

"It hurts, Ranr." My head was slammed down on the stone floor. I screamed.

I just wanted food.

"It hurts, please s-stop. Please stop. It hur-" My head was slammed on the floor again.

"Don't pretend to know what pain is like! Don't call me by my name! Just shut up and die!"

I cried. My head hurts a lot, but stomach hurts even more. I felt something wet touch my face and my nose flared.

Blood.

My blood.

I was so hungry.

Ranr's grip on my hair loosened and I dropped to the floor, my head hitting the stone floor with a thud.

"Tch."
__

Ranr had locked the demon in a small cell twenty miles away from the palace. It was far and deep enough in the woods to escape Sun's attention, but close enough for Ranr to reach by horse. However, seasons were changing and Ranr found himself in the throws of spring, joyously laughing as he planned on who to sell the demon to next, the need for release from the long harsh winter rising.

Even with the demon taking the appearance of a small ten-year-old child, since it had been ten years since it was ''born'', Ranr felt no remorse when the demon came back from his whoring sessions pretending to cry as if it was breaking inside. As if it was not a demon. But Ranr knew better, and so he laughed at the prospect of tormenting the demon for an eternity, it's attempt to stop Ranr from killing it with a child's form having an affect on him.

Eternal torment, Ranr liked the sound of that. Being immortal with his faerie blood, and the demon's body already suited for an eternity, Ranr was thoroughly amused.

So, when Ranr arrived in the cell the demon resided in, he was happy to see a small thin figure naked and shivering on the floor. Walking towards the demon, Ranr noticed the scars littering it's body, it's body unable to heal properly with the lack of sustenance Ranr rarely ever brought, only keeping it barely alive.

Crouching down to the demon's level on the floor, a sadistic smile slipped onto Ranr's face.

"Did they enjoy having you?" The demon wailed, surprising Ranr for a brief second before a sneer replaced his smile. Grabbing the demon's long  hair and forcefully pulling it's pitiful crying face up, Ranr smacked it with his other hand.

"You don't deserve to cry," he sneered. The demon wailed louder and Ranr dropped it, not wanting to deal with it. He kicked it and left it alone once again, deciding to have it tortured in the morning.

It will never get what it deserves.
__

Ranr smiled proudly as he stood next to Sun, his smile broad and shining. Sun had just turned thirty-five and today was his coronation. Watching Sun grow over the years made Ranr's heart warm up with the fond memories and now seeing the bratty boy as a grown man with the intellect to lead a race dressed in a stunning white suit with an intricate gold design, Ranr felt elated. Sun was the one good thing in his life. His salvation after his dear sister was murdered by that demon.

And so, when the celebration banquet began, Ranr couldn't help but get close to Sun to express his joys.

"You have done well, my boy." Ranr said, patting Sun on his back with a firm hand. Sun's golden locks swayed at the unexpected contact and his honey eyes searching for the one at fault.

"Ah, Uncle." Sun's round eyes widened slightly in surprise. "I wasn't expecting you."

"Most don't," Ranr replied. Sun nodded his head in acknowledgement as his eyes observed the crowd.

"What are you looking for?" Ranr asked as he took a sip from his cup, trying to find what Sun was seeking.

"Well, you see Uncle, there was this maiden I met during my trip around the kingdom. I was simply wondering if she had shown up," Sun said distantly, his attention focused on finding the maiden. Ranr bellowed out a laugh.

"Have you already fallen victim to the spell of love?" Ranr laughed again, ecstatic to see his kid nephew expanding his horizons beyond his studies.

"I believe so, Uncle." Sun said quietly.

"Describe her to me." Ranr bumped Sun's shoulder. Suddenly  Sun's eyes light up.

"She is kind and has her own stances on politics, which is unusual in itself, but I find it charming. She's humble, kind, sweet..." Sun trailed off as if he was having trouble trying to describe her, his brows knitting together in concentration. "She's also short-tempered and-" Sun paused and Ranr looked over to his nephew as Sun rushed off his throne in a flurry of bright colors. Ranr took another swig if his drink and chuckled.

Young love, he thought.

Sitting alone, Ranr suddenly thought of the demon that was locked away in it's cell, his mood turning sour. What his sister had with that demon's bastard father wasn't love, but tye evil doing's of a vampire forcing a love spell on his beloved sister.

Unspeakable.

His poor, dear sister fell victim to a monster and he regretted not properly educating her.

Vampires. The worst of the worst.

They were vile creatures praying on the weak and helpless with little to no rule. Arrogant and thought highly of themselves even though they were dead corpses walking around the living. Ranr's grip on his cup tightened. Ranr had met their king.

King Vikar put on a facade that seemed gentle, caring and understanding, but Ranr knew better. When Ranr had shaken it's hand, it's skin was cold, dead, while Ranr's was warm, alive, inviting. When making eye contact Ranr didn't miss the small spark of sadism in it's black eyes nor  it's failure to fully empathize with any other than their own.

Unfortunately, diplomatic relations could not be cut off much to Ranr's discomfort, nor could he voice his burning hatred for their kind. Sun was too open-minded, too willing to accept them, that of which Ranr could have changed, but what's done is done.

As long as he had that squealing pig in the cell as he watched it wither pathetically in front of his eyes, he would he satisfied and the things out of his control would be fine.

He would take his revenge on the one that was responsible for his sister's death and be ever so delighted with the result.

After all, he did have an eternity.
___