Chapter Two

Upon arriving at the palace, Fenran sneered in distaste. The so called faery  palace was nothing more than a blindingly white building with fake grass and a irritatingly spotless pavement, which only served to further souring Fenran's already bitter mood.

Fenran took in a deep breath and smoothed out his shirt, trying to calm himself down before he smashed somebody's head into the pavement to give it a splash of character he thought is so desperately needed.

Diplomatic. You have to be diplomatic, Fenran thought. He straightened his suit and took in another deep breath as he walked towards the palace.  A short trek up the, surprise, white stairs in the front of the mansion had Fenran taking in even more breaths to calm his erratic heartbeat. He never really did like faeries. Many of them only cared for themselves and thought nothing of what was happening in the paranormal world. Granted, most faeries were peaceful to other species, Fenran could not help but be miffed by their optimistic attitudes on the world. It always struck an unpleasant chord within him.

Without bothering with any formalities as he walked into the mansion, he went to the Faery King's study. The way up to Sun's study was not unfamiliar nor was it something Fenran knew like the back of his hands. He had been here a few times to speak with Sun on political manners here and there but neither Fenran nor Sun made any attempt to get past their diplomatic relationship with one another, but today differed from Fenran's past trips to the Faery palace.

Fenran had heard the whisperings of a forbidden and unusual being hidden within the very depths of the Faery palace secrets and Fenran was determined to prove if the rumors were truth or not. However, Fenran had an inkling that Sun would be clueless as to what he was trying to seek. Instead, Fenran suspected Sun's uncle, Ranr, as the subject to keeping secrets. The man was always allusive and shrouded in shrewd tales of lies, deceit, and revenge. Even though Fenran never had the chance to personally meet him, he had seen him countless times and the man always held an angry aura and set face.

As Fenran found himself in front of the, genuinely surprising brown mahogany doors, Fenran was contemplating whether to barge in or to knock. Sun was not expecting him, but that was not out of the norm. He, the leader of Winter was not one to socialize. He really did enjoy surprises and hated paranormals for they always complained to him about the weather and their ruined schedules, but the worst were always the Summer Court Faeries and vampires.

Did they not understand the concept of time and change? Or even the idea of the cold and snow? Vampires, contrary to popular belief, enjoyed bathing in the sunlight and did not sparkle in the sun, nor were they even good people to begin with. All were obsessed with trying to die and spending time with others, but the real reason why Fenran truly despised the very thought of vampires was how they were all inconsiderate with the many wars they had started and never solved. It was horrific. Many died, many Fenran knew and more that Fenran didn't.

"Lord Fenran?"

Fenran turned around to face whoever had cut off his mental monologue, only to see Sun standing to his left. Slightly startled by him, Fenran took the chance to see how he had changed since the couple, maybe hundred years since he had first seen Sun at Sun's coronation. Sun had grown slightly taller and he had cut his golden hair short, his honey eyes slightly narrowed and wrinkles of all kinds sightly marred his face. Sun's build also got slightly broader and his wife a glaringly new addition.

Fenran felt his eye twitch. Of course, they were wearing white. Fenran attempted to avoid the color and tried to stop the twitch in his eye.

It's like an asylum.

"Ah, Sun, I needed to discuss an important matter with you." Fenran plastered a smile on his face.

"Yes. Yes of course." Sun replied as he glanced at his wife and whispered something in her ear. The wife, whatever her name was, left quietly and Sun gestured for Fenran to enter his study as Sun opened the (still surprisingly) mahogany doors. Fenran walked into the study as Sun closed the door behind him.