● CHAPTER THREE ●

─ Cartman's Big Fat Ass ─

After school on Monday, Kyle, Cartman and I all had to wait around for Kenny to show up because he had been sent to the principal's office after peeing in a trash can under defiance and public nudity. We had all planned to just sort of hang out, since Kyle had that day off and other than homework none of us really had anything to do. So we sat outside of the school and tossed rocks into the street. All of the cars avoided running them over, and some even honked at us.

Soon this got boring, but it wasn't long after this that we spotted Kenny walking out over to us. "Hey guys," he greeted.

"Finally. You guys ready to go? I could use something to drink!" Cartman said, getting up off of the school steps and stretching. Kyle and I stood up as well. "Harbucks sounds good right about now."

Kenny shook his head. "I was just coming out here to tell you guys I got detention for the next week." I was mildly surprised he wasn't suspended.

"That sucks, dude," said Kyle.

"Yeah... Well, see ya," Kenny said. He waved and then turned to head back into the building.

Cartman was walking down the steps so the two of us followed him. "Kenny's such a pussy--you think after that brave act he'd just ditch detention!"

"There's a line between being brave and being stupid you know," I told him. He was walking a little ahead of Kyle and I, but I didn't really mind it.

"Aye! Don't talk to me like that!"

A warm sensation brushed against the back of my hand so softly I almost didn't even notice it. My heart began pounding and I pulled my arm back while simultaneously creating a bit of distance between Kyle and I. He kept walking as if nothing happened, which made me wonder if I'd just imagined that our knuckles had grazed.

Eyeing him suspiciously, I dug my hands into the pockets of my coat. He spotted me staring at him and gave me a confused look. "Stan, are you okay?"

My body turned rigid. "Yeah dude, why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know, you're just acting weird..." he told me.

"Holy shit! Guys, look at this!" Cartman shouted, much to my relief. He was a little further ahead of us and standing in front of a poster for some sort of Monster Truck show. "That's so sick, we have to go!"

We walked over to him and looked up at the advertisement. "The wheels on that truck are bigger than Cartman's ass!" I said.

Playfully kicking the floor, Cartman laughed.  "Aw, that's not true!"

"I'd have to ask my mom first, but it looks cool," said Kyle.

Cartman rolled his eyes and turned around to face him. "Who cares what your mom says? She's a -"

"Don't say it Cartman!" he interrupted.

"What? It's not my fault your mo-"

"Cartman!" Kyle growled.

"That your mom's a big fat bitch," said Cartman with a shrug.

"Fuck you! I'm not going to the monster truck show, it looks stupid anyway," he muttered, turning around and storming off towards Harbucks.

"Pussy," muttered Cartman.

I started walking after Kyle with Cartman next to me, but I didn't really say anything. Honestly, my brain was still wrapped around the fact that our hands touched... I'm not being weird by still thinking about that, right? Why am I making such a big deal out of it, anyway? I sighed and soon after we were inside the building ordering our drinks.