Chapter 40

'Morning Sunshine', came his voice as Lily woke up to the sounds of birds chirping and his footsteps on the wooden floor.

Shirtless, he walked over to her, carrying a mug of hot cocoa, too sweet.

Just like the way she loved it.

She woke up raising her arms when she realised she was naked as well.

She immediately threw the covers on her head, shielding her body from him, even though she knew it won't help.

He slowly pulled the covers off her as she hid her face from him, mumbling, 'Did we really do it?'

Shane laughed and pulled her into a hug, nodding as she sheepishly grinned into his shoulder.

'Come on, get ready. Chris and Zara don't know about this. We need to tell them right?', he whispered, his head resting on top of his.

He didn't wanna let go.

She reluctantly got up, pouting and making him laugh.
She quickly changed into a tank top with a pair of beach shorts.

'Let's go?', Lily asked, finishing her cup of coffee as she saw Shane coming out of the bathroom, changed and all set.

They made way to the trio's room when he shook his head affirmative.
........
Zara felt like it was all a dream. She was sleeping in the arms of her boyfriend.

A guy she could actually trust to not leave her heart in one million pieces. A guy who had been her friend since forever and cared for her since day one.

And she loved him more than he thought she ever could.

Yes, it would be difficult. It would be difficult to convince your heart to love somebody when she'd been fooled so many times. You don't want people toying with your heart that often, it gets useless.  

But with Chris, the world seemed brighter. Didn't she already mention that? She did. She won't ever be tired of doing it one thousand times.

She thought about last night, awake at 9 in the morning, comfortably lying in his arms. He looked like a baby while sleeping, too peaceful.

She was tempted to pull his red cheeks, scared to wake him too.

A tear slipped down her eye and crash landed on his arm.

In a hurry to wipe it, she woke him up, apologizing profusely.

'I'm so sorry Chris, go back to sleep. I just... '

'Wait, are you crying?', he asked, his eyes not opening to the bright lights.

'No. Why would I?', she lied, without success

'Don't you lie to me Ryder. 14 years and you still think I'm an idiot. God. Come here', he whispered, pulling her close to his bare chest.

He hugged her close to his heart. Right where she belonged. In his heart.

She breathed, feeling better. Feeling right at home.

'Better?', he asked, raising his head slightly to look at her.

She looked at him, 'Always with you'

He laughed,'I love it when you're so cheesy. Wish I could see this side of Ms. Tough Exterior Ryder'

'Shut up. I was never that.', she smiled.

'Of course, of course. Chris is the liar here. Isn't he?', he teased.

'Whatever. Do you want tea?', she asked getting up, but he held her back.

'Don't go away', he whined, still half sleepy

'Chris, we're in the same room', she said, rolling her eyes in amusement.

'Yeah, okay', he said, turning on the other side and covering his head with the blanket.

Suddenly he got up, 'SHIT ZARA.'

'What happened?'

'LILY DOESN'T KNOW. SHE HASN'T COME BACK AFTER LAST NIGHT. WHERE THE HECK IS SHE?', he said.

Zara's eyes widened in realization, 'OH MY GOD. YES. I TOTALLY FORGOT. CALL HER. SHIT. DID SHE GET LOST? SHE COULDN'T HAVE, IT'S A HOTEL, I MEAN...'

'Zara Ryder, stop shrieking and calm down. It's fine. She's in the hotel. Wait, I'll give her a ring', he said but the door bell rang and he rushed forward to open it.

And there was Lily Young smiling, arms around Shane. Perfectly carefree.

Chris immediately hugged her, 'Dude, where were you?'

'Lots to tell. Can we come in?', she grinned.

Chris nodded and they went inside only to see Zara breathing a sigh of relief and enveloping Lily in one of her infamous bear hugs.

Lily sat down, 'Okay, Shane and I are dating. We have liked each other for years and yeah, last night it all came out. Yay for us I guess. And I'm so happy and I hope he's happy (at which he gave her a look like what-the-absolute-hell-Young-you're-so-dead-now). Any comments?'

They hugged the pair and congratulating them.

Then Chris held Zara's hand to his heart, 'We have news too'

Lily started shrieking, already guessing what it was all about. She'd waited for this all her life.

'Yeah, Lily, we're dating too!', Chris grinned ear to ear.

Lily lost it, she hugged the pair and was still jumping after which Shane had to calm her down.

'You expect me to calm down?! Me?! I've been telling these two idiots to ask each other out since forever because they had a crush on each other. But would they listen? No. Of course not. And now, I'm so proud of Chris, he's done it. Gosh, I love you both so much', she smiled, going in for a group hug again.

Shane stood there awkwardly silent, didn't know what to do.

Zara noticed him after sometime just standing, his hands behind his back, just staring at the ceiling.

'Dude, join in. That's what Lily said right, "Group hug". Come on'

Shane smiled, and came forward to hug them.

And they just stood there, enveloped in their own love all at once.
..........
Another one up, and buddy if you aren't my friend, you don't know how many struggles I had to go through to write this.

My phone was dead. Yeah, no kidding. It was. And people were half yelling at me to finish the chapter which I did right now.

So, H. A. H. A.

But what's done, been done. (I'm so positive sometimes, I love it)

This one's forrrrr..... aquastrike!!! She's been planning to read my book since a long time but she wants it completed first.

Uhh!!

So, guys, have fun, wherever you are. Live and love like it's your last.

And I absolutely love the above image. So now, it's up there. (deal with it amigos)

Happy Reading ;D