Part 1

Chapter OneSeptember

Class hasn't started yet, that means I'm early for once.

I look at the clock.

30 minutes early.

I set my backpack down next to my desk and take my drum sticks out of my it.

I start drumming on the desk.

I listen to see if anyone is nearby.

I start singing my favorite song, "Hey Soul Sister".

Just as I get to the chorus a boy walks in, he goes to the same pool as me during the summer and he's on the swim team.

He has narrow piercing blue eyes and bushy, yet somehow neat eyebrows.

He has a sharp jawline paired with chiseled cheekbones.

His dark hair is pushed back with gel except for a single strand of hair which lies on his forehead.

He has a skinny build since he's a swimmer, best swimmer on the team.

He's dressed well for a 9th grader, He's wearing a black t shirt with a grey suit jacket over it paired with black jeans and converse shoes.

He adjusts the backpack straps on his shoulders.

He's been my crush since I was 9 years old yet I still don't know his name.

He sees me staring at him and smiles.

-"You new here Pretty Boy?" He asks with a smile, showing his bright white teeth.

He pushes back his hair to show his widow's peak, when he lets go of his hair the single strand springs back to where it was.

I feel my cheeks blush, did he just call me pretty?

-"Uhhh...." I cough "Sorry, Yes, yes I am" I manage to say.

He smiles more.

-"I heard you singing a couple minutes ago, you sounded great" He says "You should join chorus, after all, this school is the best to go to if you love 'The Arts'".

My cheeks turn bright red.

He likes my singing.

-"You mind if I sit?" He asks, pointing to the seat next to mine and pushing back his hair again.

I shake my head.

He somehow smiles even more.

He sits in the desk and slides his backpack under his chair.

-"My name's Derek by the way, Derek Preston. What's yours?" He questions.

Of course his name is Derek, all the cute guys are named Derek.

-"Elliot" I say breathlessly.

A woman with a name tag gracefully enters the room.

She's wearing a casual t-shirt and jeans with black boots, if she wasn't wearing a name tag you would think she was a student.

She has brown wavy hair that falls to the middle of her back.

Her small eyes are brown as well.

She walks over to the teacher's desk and sits on it, letting her feet swing back and forth when she does.

She surveys the full classroom and smiles.

-"I see some recurring faces here today" She says, looking at almost everyone in the classroom, including Derek "And some new ones" she adds, looking at a group of girls then at me.