Part 4

Chapter FourOctober

-"Hey Pretty Boy, follow me. I wanna show you something" Derek says, swinging his backpack over his shoulder.

-"Okay, what is it?" I ask, putting my own backpack on.

-"You'll see" He responds, his blue eyes shimmering and his rows of white teeth showing.

We climb up the hill all the way to the top, you can see the whole school from there.

We're both panting from the walk to and up the hill.

-"When did you find this place?" I ask, setting my backpack down.

-"Seventh grade" he responds, tossing his backpack to the side.

He sits down with his legs out, crosses at the ankles and his hands resting on his knees.

I sit down as well, with my legs crossed and my arms at my sides.

-"What middle school did you go to?" He questions.

-"Oakland. It's not the best school. Before that, I went to Nottingham" I respond.

-"I went to Nottingham too, I hated it" He says.

-"Me too" I agree.

He turns to face me, his blue eyes seem to pierce into my soul.

-"We have a lot in common, Elliot" He says.

That's the first time he's actually said my name.

He places his hand on mine, I feel a flame in the pit of my stomach and my heart is racing.

I'm pretty sure I'm blushing.

Our eyes meet.

He smiles shyly.

He turns my hand over and places his palm into mine, wrapping his fingers around mine.

My heart might explode.

His hands are cold but my heart feels warm.

We both hear the school bell ring.

-"Oh sh*t, we're late!" Derek shouts, bolting up and throwing on his backpack.

My hand feels sad and empty without him holding it

My phone buzzes.

(Don't answer) Fred - Hey

Me - Hey??

(Don't answer) Fred - Listen I know what happened last time we talked, I'm sorry

Me - Sure you are :/

(Don't answer) Fred - I really am sorry. Do you want to meet up sometime? Get some coffee?

Me - I guess so :/

(Don't answer) Fred - Thank you

Me - Sure thing, I guess :/

I see a skinny guy with short curly black hair and light blue eyes that are almost grey, sitting on the stairs leading into Starbucks. He's wearing a black t shirt, a navy button up, a black military jacket, light blue jeans and brown boots.

He has an unlit cigarette in his mouth.

He sees me and stands up, throwing his cigarette in a nearby trashcan.

-"Elliot?" the guy says questionly in a clear voice.

That's Fred?

Wow he got skinny.