Part 2 - The Tragedy of the Duke and Duchess of Mondeville

Paki-check naman yung mga mali ko.......thank you po!!

==================================================================

Chapter 2

A bloody woman goes closer to Catherine and growled “Help us!”

She tried to reach the woman’s trembling bloody hands but a man in shadow pointed a revolver at her.

Catherine run swiftly but the man caught her arm, the man look so hideous and grinned; he tightened his grip on her hands, until his claws buried deep down on her skin until bleed.

“Let me go! Please let me go!” Catherine cried and sobbed, she could hear her heartbeat.

The man pointed the revolver on her face and shot her to death.

Catherine gasped, and breathes rapidly, she braced herself trying to control her breath; she felt she was suffocating.

It was a terrible nightmare; the Halloween affected her so much.

She heard several knocks; Catherine reached for the bed side until her white feet touches the cold tiled-floor; she stood up and goes toward the door.

She held the knob and yanked the door to open. It was Louisa.

“Belle-mére, bonjour” Catherine said rubbing her weary eyes.

“Louise, there are children from neighbourhood waiting for you at the parlour” Louisa said. “You better go downstairs or you’ll disappoint them.”

“Oui,” Catherine walked lazily and gone downstairs.

“Lady Catherine!” the children said in unison with gaiety.

“Why so early?” Catherine approached the children and rubbed their hair.

“Trick or Treat?” children exclaimed.

Catherine laughed sweetly, “Treat!”

“Yehey!” the children clapped their hands.

Catherine signalled them to wait; she goes to the storage room where foods were kept. She grabbed a dozen of box of chocolates and a handful of candies.

She goes back to the parlour and handed them the chocolates and candies fairly.

“So children, go back to your respective houses, your moms are waiting for you.” she stared at the children with a warning look.

The children giggled “Thank you Lady Catherine!” They ran outside the house.

She sighed. Every year the children would come and greet her ‘trick or treat’, but she doesn’t want to play trick anymore, she could still remember the children played the horror trick with her. The children forced her to wear ragged clothes and brought her to a beautiful place, she thought the children invited her to a lunch but there, out the hideous monster from the bush that scared her to death. And she could still remember she got allergies around her body because of the ragged clothes she wore.

Catherine laughed, it was an unforgettable moment.

Zoé Doyle the French unmarried woman, their cook, approached her.

“Madame do ye mend bringin’ da bri’fast o’ yers to yer room?” Zoé asked her with her flaunty English. Catherine understands it, she lived most of her life in France, but because of poverty she was forced to be a servant. A French man sold her to Charles.

“Non merci Zoé, I will have my breakfast in the dining room.” Catherine was about to go upstairs, her gaze wandered and noticed Madeline reading the Newspaper at the fireplace seriously. She step closer to Madeline; she was curious what she was reading. She strolled over to the golden carpet. It seems Madeline didn’t notice her, Catherine broke off.