2

Savannah

I watched as Dan stood from the bench and walked over to the ticket window, purchasing a ticket to who knows where. A bit of jealousy came over me, knowing that if I could, I would purchase a bus ticket and never look back.

This town had wrecked me, almost as much as my past had, and I wouldn't have any regrets about leaving it. Well, maybe one. In the form of tall, dark, and handsome.

As he walked back over, he tucked the ticket into his pocket and glanced at his watch.

"It's pretty late, the only thing open is the twenty-four hour diner, so I guess that is where we will go. Do you want to meet me there?" He asked.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I didn't have a car and walking would take me a good thirty minutes to get there so maybe this wasn't a good idea. He would definitely wonder what took me so long to get there. I didn't want more questions I couldn't answer.

Think, Savi.

"Actually, my car is in the shop. A friend dropped me off here." I said, my cheeks burning in embarrassment. I wasn't good with on the spot lying. Never had been.

He frowned, looking around the bus station and then back to me.

"You can just ride with me then, if you don't mind." He said, giving me another quick glance over. "It's no trouble, I can drop you off at home after if you want. The bus station isn't exactly the safest place at night."

Enclosed in a small space with Hottie McHotterson? Yes please.

"Yeah that would be okay."

I would need to come up with something by the end of this to get out of him giving me a ride home since I didn't have a home. The last thing I wanted was my hot boss knowing how much of a loser I had become.

I followed Dan out of the bus station, grateful for the meal he was able to provide me with but weary about what I would say to him when it was over.

He lead me to a small sedan, the type of sensible car someone like him would drive. It was good on gas and probably easy to fix whenever it had mechanical problems.

If I had bought something more sensible that didn't cost so much, I might still have a car.

Dan even opened the door for me, earning him even more points on the hotness scale. Not that he wasn't already off the charts to begin with.

I slid into the car, buckling and waiting as he walked around to the drivers side. He slid in and cranked the car, pulling away from the curb.

There was a chill to the night air, so I wrapped my arms around myself and shivered. He immediately turned the heat on.

"There's a jacket in the back seat, you're welcome to put it on." He said.

I shook my head no and looked forward at the road. I didn't want to wear his jacket, because I would probably embarrass myself by smelling it or something.

"So tell me about yourself Savi. You came into my coffee shop in clothes too expensive for a small town girl. What brings you to my neck of the woods? And why do you want a job at a small coffee shop?" I know he was trying to make small talk to make this less uncomfortable, but I felt like I was being interrogated.