My New Life

Three Years. Three years since I last talked to someone or people who I thought cared about me way too much. But now, I am a happy 19 year old girl living with some of her bestfriends in Florida. I don't like talking about the past, hurts too much to think about it.

I am 19 years old. I turned 19 two weeks ago. I just finished school last year and gradutated. I became a model when a modeling agent saw me at walking down the street with my boyfriend. Yes,boyfriend. He's a cute kid and I love him, he's on the football team and he got a football scholarship in Mississippi, New York, here and in Texas. He'll be leaving soon for one of those colleges because school will be starting up soon again. I never liked school, but once you got to know and stay there for a little, it became quite interesting for me and even better when Jake was there with me.

Jake is my boyfriend and you know a little bit about him. He's 18 and him and I got voted cutest couple in the year book. He was football captain on his team and I got voted best artist in school. My work is cool and I also got a scholar ship for art in New York, here and Tulsa. I don't know which one to pick right now, its all too hard. Because I want to be with Jake, but I don't know where he wants to go.

Anyways, tonight he has his final football game. I am going with my roommates/friends to go see the game. We're always the loudest ones on the bleachers cheering our team on. I have changed since I was last telling my story. I became nicer because I was alone and had no one to be really mad at. I don't fight anymore, everyone knows who I use to be and now, they fully trust me for the new me and i am glad I changed for the better. Here in Florida, we don't have socs, greasers, hoods, JDs and the rich kids. We just got people, normal people who don't fight for kicks or because they're drunk.

I personally like it here a lot. I haven't heard of my parents in a long while. I haven't been having dreams where Mikey was there. I kinda accepted the fact that he was actually gone. But he's always in my heart, he was my brother and he looks out for me now and watches over me when the time is needed.

"Hey Saddie! We're gonna be late. Come on!" Alex called. I ran down the stairs of apartement building and ran across the parking lot jumping into the back of her car wearing jean shorts, a  white top that said 'CHILL', my white brand new converse and my aviators. I hopped in the backseat with Paige, while Alex and Sam sat in the front seat. Sam was driving Alex's car. My car's in the garage along with Paige's car. Sam rather use our cars then go buy herself one. She has the money, but she'd rather keep it for future emergencies, likes if a nice pair of 300$ boots go on sale. She can get them.

"So, did you pick a school yet, Saddie?" Sam asked me, looking in her rear view mirror and we headed to the school for the football game.

"No, its so hard to try and pick one that I'd want to go to and have other things to do there too. I mean, I've already been to Tulsa and New York. So I know my way around and I live here, so yeah. But I also want to be close to Jake." I explained.

"You've been to Tulsa?" Paide asked. Paige isn't the smartest cookie in the box. I told her a couple times before that I've been to Tulsa, but she can forget things sometimes too.

"Yeah. She told you last week." Alex said. I shookmy head playfully and looked outside. I'd say window, but hers didn't have windows. It hot here and so we all got cars for the weather here.

We got to the school and took our seats. First row of the bleachers and we all saw our guys out on the field passing footballs to each other while they waited for the other team to warm. Yeah, we all have guys on the football team. Paige currently lives with us, but once the school year starts. She and Carson will be living in Washington together and going to school together.

Alex will be staying here while her boy, Axel, goes to school in Ohio for four years. I hope everything goes good between them both. That their long distance relationship will work for them. Sam and Grayson will be living on their own in Idaho together. They're getting a small beach house and they're both taking a year off so they can settle down and figure things out over in Idaho.

"Look, its starting." Sam called from next to me. My ear started ringing from how loud she was. Alex was lucky, she was sitting at the end of us four girls. Sam, me, Paige and then Alex. We all cheered as they got a point and crushed those cougars from i don't know what school. I never pay attention to who they play against because I am too busy making sure they're winning and are not the losers we don't want them to be.

The game ended and I waited outside the school for Jake to finish talking to his buddies, getting his things and what not so he and I could go on our date tonight. We're going on a  quadruple date, the girls and their guys are coming too with us. It will be fun, that is if Jake is coming sometimes today! My patience was gone, so I entered the school and walked down the halls. I got to the corner, stopped and almost died.

He was kissing some other girl. And they were really into that kiss. My heart shattered and my world crumbled. And thing is, I knew that girl and he even told me to trust him. That he wouldn't do anything like that. I looked and they were still kissing and I enough of this, my heart was crushed entirely and it'll take so long for it to be rebuilt to perfection. I thought I could trust him, guess not.

I took the jacket off I was wearing. He gave it to me after they won their game. I walked down the hall, they didn't see me. "Hey!" I yelled. "What the hell is this, Jake?!" He and the girl we kssing and they stopped. She was agains the lockers and then lost her balence after he let her go from kissing her.

"Look, its not what it looks like."

"So you're saying she came and kissed you first?" I yelled. Tears flowed down my face and I couldn't stop crying. The last time I cried this much was back in 1968 when I was 16 and lost my friends because of a stupid fight.

"No. Okay yes. But I still love you, Saddie!"

"Don't give me this crap. Here! I'm not going to college with you and nor am I gonna talk to you again." I said throwing him his jacket and then as I was gonna walk out, he slammed me into the locker. Pinning me their with his big hands as he kissed me. I didn't kiss back, I tried pushing him away and when I did. I kicked him where the sun don't shine and then I punched the girl in the stomach since she took my guy. But you know what? I can live without love, can't i?

Well that's what I thoguht, until I went back to Tulsa, Oklahoma and saw my friends. This is how it all went down:

"Sorry for backing into you. What's your name?" He asked.

"S-Saddie." I stuttered. He was cute, his brown hair was perfect, so was his eyes and even the scar that was by his temple and above his eye.

"Ponyboy" He said and helped me off the ground. His smile was nice and I knew exactly who he was, but he didn't seem to know or remember me for that matter. But this was the start of my new life and it mught be with him or it might not. Like I said, I can live without love, can't I?