The DX

I woke up fairly early this morning because I could hear some people banging down stairs or something. I got up and almost tripped, but I landed by the wall. I looked around the room and notcied it was Ponyboy's room, he was asleep somehow in one bed and I had the other. I left his room and raced down the stairs. I almost fell once again because U can't seem to walk. But Soda caught me, well, I knocked him over and landed on top him.

"That works" Steve said laughing. They both had ther DX shirts on and I assume they were going to work. Ueah that was a stupid question/ remarke. Steve pulled me off Soda and lifted me over his shoulder, then he pulled Soda off the ground with his other hand.

"Show off" Soda muttered. I laughed and Steve hadn't put me down. Steve and Soda walked into the kitchen and Steve still had me on his shoulder.

"Be careful guys." Darry said, refering to Steve and I.

"I'm fine, as long as he don't close to wall and I bash my head off the wall." I said.

"Yeah, she's good." Steve said. I hit his head with my hand. I tried getting down, but he wouldn't bugde, nor would he let me down.

"You going with 'em to work or something?" Darry asked.

"I guess I could hang with them for the day. I got nothing better to do." I said. Soda walked up behind Steve, which Steve didn't know Soda was behind him. Soda tickled Steve and he let me go. Soda caught me and place me back on the ground next to him.

"Hey, that's not fair!" Steve said.

"It isn't fair, look at my arms and look at your guns!" I said.

"She's got a point, Stevie." Soda said. We headed out the door all trying to tickle each other. We left early because we were walking down to the DX. We could've got a ride from Darry, but we decided to walk and talk. Judging by this morning, the day will be even better knowing these two are pumped up with energy.

We got to the DX and I just followed Steve around. He was gonna tell me where I could help them out. Either with him at the cars, with Soda outside at the pumps or at the cash register. If I go to the pumps, then I am gonna be outside in the boiling heat. If I do cash register then I'll be on my butt all day and talking to people and if I am with Steve in the garage, then I am in a cool enough room, I get to lay or sit on wheely boards and I can learn how to fix a car. I think my better deal is in the garage.

"I think I'm going to work in the gagarge today." I said. They both nodded and I fillowed Steve into the gagarge. He and I went on the boards and wheeled under a car, he said I was gonna do oil changes while he worked on engines. Because I guess oil changes are easier then engines, hell I don't know a thing about cars. He showed me how to do the oil for a car. I had to empty the oil from under the car and into a bucket. Then once I was done, I had to seal the cap up underneath. Once that was finished, I had to go to the engine and got to the oil valve and poor some new oil into that, but also not to over flow it or else it will be a mess.

"Go ahead and start on that car while I do this one." He told me. I nodded and skated on wheely board over to the car at the front of the gagrage. I got under the car and grabbed a bucket before going completely under the thing. It was an okay sight down here, I mean it didn't smell the best, but a garage wouldn't smell like flowers and poodles, now would it?

I turned the valve and the brown/black oil came leaking out slowly. Man, it took forever. So I waited under the car while playing on the wheely thingy. I rolled back and forth a little, still staying under the car though. After about two minutes, the oil was finally out of the car and now I could put the new oil in.

I thought that the morning would go by slow, but it turned out to be pretty fast after I did a couple cars. I met up with Soda in the shop and Steve followed in behind me for the lunch break. I sat on the counter next to Steve and Soda stood in front of us eating his food. Steve brought cake, well he has a cubby full of cake in his locker. Soda just buys random food and leaves it there. I didn't want to eat, I wasn't hungry, they offered me some of their food. But I didn't take it.