Part Eight: I know when you're around.

The recital, minus a few set backs perfectly predictable when dealing with easily distracted little girls, has been a success.

Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and I feel as happy and fulfilled as I haven't felt in a very long while.

I think it is safe to say that the whole teaching thing it's actually, and surprisingly, starting to grow on me.

I am gathering the last of my things from the small dressing room they gave us, when I hear what seems to be a small riot going on outside.

"What's going on out there?" I ask Beth as she comes through the door.

"I don't know. Apparently there were a few celebrities in the audience and all the girls over eight years old are losing their shit."

She rolls her eyes as she slides her satchel across her shoulders, and we both walk out of the room, almost pushing our way across the heated group of girls.

"Have you seen them? I can't believe they're here."

I hear a girl talking excitedly to another as I walk past them.

"I think one of the little girls is his sister." The other one says.

All of a sudden I feel restless; like something in the air has shifted and there's some sort of an electrical charge around me.

"What's wrong? Did you forget something?" Beth asks me, and I realize I just froze in my spot.

I look around me and I don't see anything that should explain why I have this anxiety coursing through me, and I just shake my head to get rid of it.

"No." I respond as I resume my walking and I catch up to her. "Let's go."

"Are you okay? You're looking a little... weird."

She stares at me with a wrinkled nose, pointing at my face, and I shrug.

"It's nothing. I'm just being silly, I guess."

She seems to be satisfied with my answer and after giving me a slight nod, she grabs me by the arm and we make our way out to the lobby.

"Miss Lea!" A cheerful voice calls my name from behind me and I turn around to find little Dolly running towards me.

"Hey, you!" I bend over to pick her up and she wraps her tiny arms around my neck.

I see a woman walking over to us and she smiles at me, introducing herself as Doris's mother when she reaches us.

"She talks about you all the time." She tells me as I put the little girl down after giving her a kiss on the cheek. "She adores y0u."

"And I adore her, too." I beam. "She's going places, I'm sure of it."

"Right? I mean, I'm her mum so I can be a little too biased, but she's truly good at this." She doesn't even try to conceal the pride her daughter makes her feel, not that she should, and I smile widely as I nod. "I'm just really glad we all got to see her tonight."

She turns her head around to where the rest of her family is and I can't help but notice how many of them are there.

"That's really nice." I say.

In that moment, as I look at the whole bunch, I stumble upon a face I have seen before and everything seems to clicks inside my brain.

The reason as to why Doris felt so familiar to me is now so obvious, I can't believe I never made the connection. The shape of her eyes, the way she would smile in a cocky yet incredibly charming way; how she could be so strong headed and a bit sassy at times. Not to mention the distinctive accent.

My breath gets caught up in my throat as we lock eyes with one another. And the way he is looking at me, smiling with a self complacency grin, makes my head feel all woozy and my knees turn to mush.

"Do you want to come meet my family, Miss Lea?"

Her voice seems really far away, and all I can do is desperately eyeing towards the exit door.

"I'm sorry, doll. I really have to go now." I try to be as sweet and unaffected as I can. "Maybe some other time. I'll see you next week, okay?"

I don't want to be rude so I quickly but warmly say goodbye to my student and her mother, turning around and aiming for the exit.

I can't reach the door fast enough. And once I get there, I just push it open and burst out into the cold air, letting it rush into my lungs as if it were the first breath I drew in months.

I can't believe they're here.

That girl's voice resonates in my head all of sudden. And the panic begins to flood me.

They. As in Louis is not alone.

I don't wait for Beth to come out. All I need is to get away from here as fast as I can.

So I do just that. Or at least I try to. Because as soon as I take the second step away from the theater I notice, from the corner of my eye, the dark silhouette of a man leaning against the wall.

I don't look up but I can feel his eyes on me, practically boring a hole in me. He doesn't move. He doesn't even flinch.

All he does is just stand there, watching me as I walk past him.

And then, just when I was about to laugh at myself for being so paranoid, he speaks from behind me.

Ever so slowly but never so cold.

"Hello, Miss Lea."

~~~~~

Song: The Sound by The 1975

A/N:

This is it for 2016! Enjoy the holidays and I'll see you again in January.

Love you all!!!!