Chapter 17

Trisha's P.O.V 

When I drove to California Pizza Kitchen, my phone rang and I checked to see who it was, it said it was my mom, I clicked answer; 

"Mom?" 

"Oh, sweetie! Hello!" she said laughing. 

"Mom? Where are you?" She sounded like she was drunk. 

"Out with my girlfriends, where are you, sweetie?" the noise in the background was so loud, I could barely hear myself think. "Mom? Mom! Where are you? Are you at the club??" 

"Hello? Trisha? I can't hear you. No way really?Jessica, don't lie! Ahhhh! Sorry Trisha, I gotta go, i'll see you at home, love you!" and the call ended. It was always like this, with my mom, she was always out with her friends, expecially at the club. I was surprised she didn't call me to babysit Megen. I knew my mom was out a lot because of my father, he was always working. His job was to travel a lot, but I forgot what for, it didn't matter anyways he was always traveling. I knew my mom wanted the attention she needs from my dad, but it wasn't his fault, he was always busy and trying to make money so we have a roof on top of our heads and food to fill our stomachs and clothes to get warmed up in. 

When I arrived at California Pizza Kitchen, I told the waiter that I was meeting friends and he lead me to Lily and Brooke. 

"Lily! Brooke! Long time no see!" I giggled hugging them. 

"I know, why don't you ever text me anymore?" 

"Because whenever I do, you are super busy!" I said. 

"Oh yeah, but I am on break now, so we need to hang out more" 

"Of course!" I said sitting in front of Lily and Brooke, "just like old times, we will, right?" 

The waitress came by and told us her name was Catherine and asked what we would like to drink, Lily said Sweet tea, Brooke wanted Sprite, and I just ordered a cup of water. Catherine wrote it down nodding her head and walked away. 

"Of course, Trisha! I miss having you around, you always knew how to make me laugh, I could never be sad around you" she smiled. Which I smiled, too. I did miss seeing her, but since she was so busy with her singing we barely hung out. 

"So, what is up you guys? How are you? Brooke?" I turned to Brooke who was staring at her phone. Lily nudged her in the ribs, "what? Oh! Nothing, the usual, I have a boring life" she laughed. 

"Actually, Brooke has been hanging out with a guy" Lily emphasised on "guy" 

"Really? Who?" I asked curiously. 

"Oh, just you know a friend" she said blushing a little. 

"His name is Mason," Brooke glared at Lily to beg her to be quiet, but Lily was looking at me, "they met because he bumped into her and she spilled her food, and he offered to buy her McDonalds." 

I looked at Brooke, "oh, really? What happened?" 

When I was expecting an answer from her, Catherine came back with our drinks and we said thank you, she asked what we wanted to order, so i ordered a Grilled Chicken, while they both got some pizza with crazy toppings on them. Catherine nodded and told us if that was all we wanted, we said yes, she nodded and left once again. 

When I looked at Brooke again, I raised my eyebrows at her to show her that I wanted her to tell me more about Mason, but she looked down on her phone, trying to ignore me. 

"Anyways Trisha, how are you? Anything going on in your life?" Brooke asked me. 

I knew she always does this, every time I wanted to talk to her about something, she always ignores me and makes it all about me, so I decided to change the subject since she wasn't going to give in.