Prologue

"You will never be successful, you will never find love, never find all the needs in your life. You will live a life of misery, loneliness, and regret!"

I never understood why she took out her anger on me. I never did anything wrong, I was just 'that girl'. Last year we found out my dad was having an affair with my mom's best friend. After that everything went down hill. Our company had a rough time but we managed. I have two brothers, one younger and the other older. Both left the family when I was 14. I learned to fend for myself but I don't know how much longer I can survive.

"Mom! Just calm down, I think you need to have a nap. The doctor said that you can't put stress on yourself!" I was so frustrated with how she was basically killing herself. She's only 49. I can't afford to lose both parents.

She was creating a catastrophe in the living room, smashing and bashing everything in her way. When she said that I wouldn't be successful, that I would never find love, etc, I took a few seconds to just think " Maybe she was right, maybe I won't ever find those things. I'll just grow old to be a poor cat lady."

I finally caught her by her arms and popped her medication in her mouth, lucky for me it made her sleepy.

*****

I was always in the top 10 in my classes, North Ridge Academy was an expensive and smart school. Outsiders think that it's top notch and professional inside the schools grounds but believe me, it's like any other school in the board, nothing will surprise you when you actually see the place.

Mother was getting worse as time went on, the doctor had no other way to cure her, all they had was time. She would go on about my life and how I would never be happy, after months had gone by, I began to believe what she was feeding my brain. I lost all hope until I met him.

Author's Note: So i don't really know if my prologue makes sense but i'm just putting my writing out there. I guess if i put my writing out there and get feedback I could improve myself as a writer. uhm I'm only posting this for now, I have the first chapter ready but i'm not going to publish it until I have a few chapters so that I don't fall behind on publishing it constantly. I hope you wait for the first chapter and I hope that you will like the journey my characters will go on in this book - butimnotawritertho