Chapter 2

Julia

"boo!' someone came up behind me and tickeled me while saying that, there was no doubt in my mind that it was Christian. Naturally I turned around, faced him and smashed my lips into his. We were a couple, it isn't bad to kiss right? "I missed you" he whispered, Christian had a grin on his face with his lips hovering over mine. My hands were around his neck and his were on my waist, I missed him over the weekend but for some reason it doesn't feel the same.

We only had two classes together which made it hard for us to be together thoughout the days but we managed. I heard a locker door slam, it was so close to my ear and I realized that it was Daniel, I forgot his locker was two down from mine. He stared at me with a blank expression. I couldn't decipher what he was feeling, was he always like that or did the fact that I was in another man's arms hurt him inside? 'Nah I barely kow him' I thought. I can't be too quick to judge about him and his expressions.

Daniel walked past Christian and I, he brushed Christian's shoulder. My body stiffiened, I knew Christian was on the verge of grabbing Daniel by his shirt collar. Christian turned around trying to figure out who had just brushed him, he saw that it was Daniel. I grabbed his arm and said "Don't, he's new. He's nervous, he didn't mean it, he is my friend too." Christian just looked at me for a second then yelled down the hall, "Hey you! Yeah new guy, I didn't get your name. Since you're new here, for future reference, don't brush me or you'll regret it." Blood rushed to my cheeks, was Christian really being an ass right now? God, how I want to pummel his face sometimes.

"What? I didn't hurt him or anything, I just simply informed him that he wouldn't be getting a pleasant surprise if he ever did that again. Babe, c'mon, don't be like that." He was hugging me tight and kissing my neck and he trailed off to my lips, . "Fine, i'm not mad. Just don't say anything next time, it's always hard for the new kids. Remember, weren't you the new kid last year?" He remained silent, I guess I shouldn't have brought that up.

Christian

Something about today doesn't seem to fit, was it because the new kid was my girlfriend's friend or because he brushed me? Whatever, I don't like this guy. "Christian, just give him a chance. He's chill. I might not know him as much either but we have to give him a chance." Julia's signature puppy face was being brought out, her violet-grey eyes bulged out and her lips pouting. God I couldn't resist that adorable face, her slight chubbiness even had an affect on me. "Fine, we-as in you- can introduce him to our friends and make him feel at home. If I feel it's going too far between you two, then you have to cut him from your friends entourage." She frowned when I said that last sentence, that wasn't too harsh. Honestly what boyfriend would want their girlfriend to have a guy friend/best-friend.

Julia told me they had all their classes together, I didn't understand why. There were so many other students to show him around and to keep him organized. 'Just let it go, it's not like Julia complains that you have girl best friends' my thoughts were just swarming everywhere. Everything will seem back to normal after I get used to Daniel being around. 

Daniel

oh god, did I really just brush her boyfriend and get pointed out? This day just keeps getting worse and worse and worse. My head was somewhere else, I forgot to knock on the science room door and barged in without thinking. "You must be Mr. May, please take a seat next to Julia. My name is Mr. Frank" Seriously, I had to sit beside her too? Wow, so much for being glad to be in all her classes. She looked up at me with a knowing smile and motioned her hand to sit beside her. Knowing that she had a boyfriend put me in an uncomfortable position.

Julia nudged at my arm and whispered "sorry about Christian, he gets a little insecure sometimes. We are just friends so he'll get over it... Eventually." That made me feel like I was in danger, I wanted to ask if I should switch classes or if I should just not have any contact with her, but I guess she would've said something if that was what she wanted.

"Oh I see, so he doesn't really have a problem right? Like with us being friends?" Julia just looked at me with hesitance while I ran my hand through my chocolate ruffled hair, she then replied "Well yeah, he might have pointed you out earlier but I talked to him. He shouldn't be bothering you, if he does tell me alright." With a smile she touched my hand and we just sat there throughout science.

*************************

julia

The bell rang for lunch, everyone was rushing out of their seats just to get to their usual tables. After at least five minutes after the bell, Daniel and I were the only ones left, we tapped my shoulder and said "Uhm, I know it's my first day and I'm supposed to make friends but, would it be too much to ask to sit with you just for today? Maybe tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that." I just laughed out loud "Of course! It would be my honour." I giggled, he managed to break into a perfect boyish smile. God why did he have to be so cute, like couldn't he have showed up two years ago?

Our section of the school was just emptying out since we came out of science a couple minutes late, we opened our lockers in sync and I just smiled. Maybe we were compatible, I shouldn't even be thinking like this. 'I have a boyfriend, his name is Christian and he is perfect.' Maybe if I repeated that a couple of times in my head I wouldn't think about Daniel as much as I do. As I slammed my locker shut, I found the handsome, dreamy, glowing grey eyed boy I had just met today smiling at me. He waved his hand over my face, god dammit I was day dreaming. "So are we going to lunch cause we're probably already twenty-minutes behind everyone else." I just nodded and looped my hand through his arm, just like when the bride has hers around her father's arm walking down the aisle.

We pushed opened the cafeteria doors and found every pair of eyes on us. I forgot about what Christian would think if he saw us arm in arm, well he should understand right? He is understanding. I walked over to the counter with Daniel trailing behind me like a lost puppy, he looked unsure about what he wanted to eat. Before I knew it, all he had was a couple of fruits and gatorade. "Is that all you're eating?" I asked with uneasyness and he replied with "Well yeah, gotta stay healthy." I just looked at him like he was a crazy hobo on the street.

While we sat down facing each other eating our lunch, I heard whispers from 'Awh they look cute together, too bad Julia has a boyfriend' to 'That slut, how could she do that to Christian. I would treat him so much better' Oh how rumors start and spread fast. I could see the nervousness on Daniel's face, he then mumbled "I think I should go, I'll see you later.."

Just as I was about to leave for the next period, Christian pulled me aside. His chocolate brown, toussled hair was falling into place, his pale green eyes staring deep into mine. "I know you're trying to make him feel welcomed but seriously, linking arms? Have you forgotten that I am your boyfriend? I don't even know his name" I was starstruck to his reaction, I was convinced that he wouldn't react this way but maybe even after a year of dating him wasn't enough. "Okay, i'm sorry. Babe, don't be mad. I didn't mean it that way. You are my one and only boyfriend, just please be friendly to him. Please treat him like your friends, if you show him that you don't want to hurt him then maybe he won't be as clingy y'know and his name is Daniel." I pulled the pouty face, that was Christian's weakness. "Fine, anything for you my queen." Cheesy much.