Chapter 3

Daniel

Oh my god, okay I need to make friends. Uhm, maybe I should join clubs or extra curriculars wait that's they're the same thing right? There's basketball, tennis, chess, soccer, ugh I don't know. Maybe if I focus on school, friends will just fall into place along the way. "Hey, you're Daniel right? Look I know we got off on the wrong foot so let's make this right. I want you to hang out with my friends and I, it'll be fun. Trust me." I recognized him, it was Julia's boyfriend.

"Oh uhm hi yeah sorry about earlier still. Hang out with you guys? Isn't that sorta weird, since like i'm the new kid. Don't people usually try and avoid becoming friends with the new kid?" He just laughed and gestured to follow him.

I had no idea where we were going, it looked like we were going to the soccer field. From a distance on the top of the bleachers, I saw a group of guys in soccer uniforms. One of them waved, I wasn't sure if that was intended to be for me. Suddenly I felt an arm, heavy on my left shoulder. I looked over to find a waving Christian.

"Those are my friends, i'll introduce you. You play any sports?" I just shrugged my shoulders. I played sports but I didn't think I was any good.

Christian ran off to his friends, I followed him naturally and his friends gave me unsteady looks.

"Hey! Daniel right? Get changed, we wanna see what you got." His friend threw a soccer uniform at me and so I ran off to the locker room to change. I was really nervous, I knew I was running awkwardly, I was excited but I was getting an uneasy feeling as well. I didn't want to keep them waiting so I just ran to go get changed.

Christian

Oh good lord, how does he run like that, I don't even know how to explain it. Maybe he was just thinking too much, we just want to play a little game of soccer, yes sarcasm is intended. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he didn't have any skill. A lanky guy, with no visible calves? Psh there could be no way. He does not look sports material, I have never seen one person, that does sports that doesn't have any signs of it without even playing yet. 

He walked out from underneath the stands, where the locker room was and he was in the red soccer uniform with the bright knee high socks, nearly visible shin guards and surprisingly cleats. Who would've thought he would be lucky enough to have cleats, wouldn't only true soccer players have cleats? Well lets just see if he plays just as much as he looks the part.

Julia

It was a free period, I didn't know what to do but everyone was rushing to the soccer field. I was ignoring it for the first little bit because I knew it was gonna be packed. All of a sudden Christian's friends raided me and pushed me towards the front of the stands where I had a clear view of the soccer field. In the distance, I saw Daniel. He was dressed in a full soccer uniform, I don't know what got to my head but he looked hot! Jheez, something is totally wrong with me. I don't even know him that much yet I have these crazy thoughts.

They actually went all the way with this, they had a ref and everything. I looked up behind me and realized that the stands were really full. People were even standing, no one ever stands because they get lazy for things like this. I guess Christian got the whole school to make it, he does have his ways. I didn't know Daniel played but then again maybe he didn't, he could just look like he does. Maybe that's why Christian wanted everyone here. I caught his electric green eyes sparkling, he defintely knew I caught him. He just smiled his playboy smile, and signaled to everyone that it was time to start the show.

I was so nervous, I didn't want Daniel to be embarrassed by Christian. I didn't know what Christian is getting at but he was already pissing me off. If he thought that bringing out the whole school and Daniel to the field would make him more popular than he already is then he should get a reality check. He proabably doesn't even know if he's good or not, it's a 50/50 chance where he totally sucks or he's amazingly out of this world with soccer.