What is this?

"We almost had them Mikey! You idiot!" Raph yelled at his little brother.

Ah, another typical day in Mikey's life.

They had just fought against Fishface and Rahzar. While fighting, Mikey was listening to some new songs and didn't notice he was getting closer and closer to Donnie. But he threw a foot ninja straight at Donnie without looking, causing Donnie to fall over and Raph to have to come help him up. While he was helping Donnie up, Leo had to hold off the other foot and Fishface and Rahzar got away.

"I didn't mean to hit Donnie!" Mikey defended himself. He was just having some fun listening to the new songs he downloaded, he didn't mean to get Donnie hurt. Mikey was about to say something when Donnie walked up to the two.

"Well you did Mikey. And seriously? How many times do I have to tell you, no listening to music while we're fighting!" Donnie said annoyed. Mikey sighed and looked down. Donnie did have him there... He had been told before he couldn't listen to music because he should concentrate, but Mikey just wanted to have fun! Everybody takes things so serious all the time. Before Mikey could think of a response Raph cut in.

"We almost had them! You let them get away Mikey!" Raph growled at his little brother. Mikey just laughed nervously. He was used to messing something up and dealing with the aftermath, so he knew this would blow over soon... Hopefully. Although what he did was pretty stupid.

"I swear I didn't mean to hit Donnie with that foot ninja..." He said a bit nervous, at his hotheaded brother. But before Raph could say anything Donnie cut in.

"Mikey, my shoulder is bruised now because you were listening to music while we were fighting again!" Donnie said getting right in Mikey's face. This did cause Mikey's nervous smile to completely fade. Donnie never really got mad. Annoyed? Yes. But mad? This probably wasn't something Mikey was gonna be able to play of as a joke.

"I-I'm sorry, I just-" Mikey tried, but Leo cut in.

"Mikey we told you like a hundred times you need to focus!" He said loudly, almost making Mikey flinch. Mikey frowned as he looked tot he ground, not being able to watch his oldest brother in the eyes.

"I-I just wanted to make it more fun-" He started.

"Fun? Mikey, we're on a battle field!" Leo started. "You can't go around and have 'fun' when you're in the middle of a battle!" Leo yelled getting really annoyed by his little brother's childish behavior. Mikey didn't know what to say about that. It was kinda like his job to be the one lighting up the mood, right? When would they laugh and smile if he never made jokes? Or was that really not needed at all? Didn't they need someone to lighten up the mood?

Normally, Leo would have comforted his little brother seeing him looking so crestfallen. And he considered that he might have been a little too hard on Mikey. But he was still angry because not only did Mikey not focus again, it also caused Donnie to get hurt this time. So he decided against saying anything to Mikey, and started walking to the edge of the building to get down.

"Come on, let's head back. We'll talk about this later." He said. Donnie sighed irritated and followed after him. Raph scoffed before muttering. "Some ninja." And made his way to the others too. Mikey didn't move from his spot though. Still looking at the ground, not facing them, with an unreadable expression. Donnie and Raph already gotten down, and Leo was about to jump when he turned back and frowned to see Mikey still standing there.

"Mikey." Leo said trying to get him to hurry over. Mikey made no sign that he noticed him, before speaking up.

"I'll be behind, I just want to think a bit." He said a bit strained as he tried to convince Leo he was fine. Leo looked at him for a moment before sighing and jumping down. And then Mikey was alone.