Short Story: Heart of guilt

This is kind of an intro to a bigger story, but I didn't want to make a book out of it though so here you have a short story. It's kind of cliche, but I hope you enjoy!

*****************************************************************************************************

Jake's point of view.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'll bring the money somehow, please! Some more time please!" I sobbed, groveling at the feet of the most dangerous man in America. How could I ever have made the mistake of borrowing money from him?

Mr. Lahar sneered at me, disgusted at my pitiful state.

"I gave you an year! No more, Gray. Now I will take something from you. Something worth the money you took from me." he growled.

"Hmmm, what do you have Gray? A girlfriend? A best friend? A fiancee?" he mussed, "What do you have that you love the most?"

I shook my head, not daring to glance at the picture of me and my sister that was framed against the wall. He found it anyways. His eye's darkened and his mouth curved up into a dangerous smirk.

"Gray...." He drawled, "I think I've found my payment..."

I shook, hoping, dreaming that it wasn't my sister, that it wasn't Fee.

I slowly lifted my head, fearing, to see what he was looking at. Sure enough, he was holding a framed picture of me and Ophelia. Oh, no! It was her!

He smirked, realizing that taking Ophelia away would be the worst thing he could do.

"I want this one, Gray. I want her." he demanded, chuckling darkly. "She'll pay well."

I gasped. "Please, no! Take me! You can kill me! Just don't touch her!" I pleaded.

His eye's suddenly turned dangerously serious.

"You do realize I would kill you and take her anyway? If that's what you want." he asked, raising an eyebrow.

I murmured, "No, No this wasn't what I wanted. No no no."

He clapped his giant hands together and said cheerfully, "Well have we a deal now don't we, Gray?"

I didn't do or say anything I was too shocked to.

"Don't we, Gray?" He growled now, his voice grew an dangerous edge.

I just nodded, not trusting my voice to not shake or quiver.

He smirked, happy and satisfied.

What had I gotten my sister into?