Life in the Elvish Kingdom (A Hobbit Fanfic)

Hello my name is Violet. I am an average 16 year old girl but I have an odd side to me. I go hunting every day whether it be hunting season or not because frankly I don't care about the law. It is my property and I will use it as I want to. So today was just another average day for me. I went to school, talked to my friends about how lucky they are to have boyfriends and how I am all lonely with no one but it doesn't really matter because every day after school I go hunting and that is my release from the world.

So when I got off of the bus, I ran up the gravel driveway into my house. Said goodbye to my parents and grabbed my bow, some arrows, and put them in my quiver. I set out to where my tree stand was in the middle of the woods, careful to not trip over the logs I set in place so I could find my way there every time. I finally stepped over the last log and set up into my tree stand that I had to make myself so it was somewhat lopsided.

I found the plank that fell on the ground so I maneuvered down to grab it when I noticed a hole in the tree. I saw that it was rather large and it looked like a nest for an animal of some sort. I ducked my head inside and noticed it was pretty deep so I decided to go further into it. I jumped inside of the tree and fell for what seemed like an eternity until I hit the ground with a thump. I opened my eyes and was surprised to see sunlight and a tree overhead.

I was frankly puzzled. I heard an old man talking, but looking around all I saw was trees. Inside of the forest there was a clearing I could see from where I was so I set my arrow up, ready to fire and walked to where the sound I heard was. All I saw in the clearing was 13 small guys and an old man talking. I set behind a tree, ready to fire when one the old man said, "Someone else is here everyone search around the trees."

I muttered some curse words under my breath and pulled back my arrow, ready to fire when a man that had long black hair showed up in front of me and called to the others, "Guys it's an elf and she's ready to fire." Wait. Me, an elf? I am a human not an elf. I lowered my bow, and lifted up to my ears which were now pointy. What? How did that happen. Well, I guess that does explain my hearing.

I turned around and saw that the men were surrounding me. The old man stepped forward and said, "Hi. My name is Gandalf. I am a wizard and we are currently looking for someone with skill in fighting and strength in being stealthy to go on a mission with us. Would you be up to it?" He asked me and I looked at the guys with a quizzed expression. He proceeded to tell me their names and then he looked at me with a curious expression. I just replied with a, "My name's Violet and you can count me in." They cheered and looked at each other pleased with their new member of the group.