A mountin to kill

Hey sorry been doing stuff and issues with phone :D hoping to get this and the next chapter up soon ~OmegaSigma~

The rumble of the trucks stopped in an instant as the big lumbering machines ended there journey of carrying us soldiers, to the base we jumped out the truck our boots hit the mixture of soil and mud, we were greeted with the man in charge. His name was Commander Ryan he greeted each one of us as equals and thanked us for coming out here prepared.
The second in command showed us the armory, training area, mess hall, medical and finally the barracks and left us to get settled in two other new soldiers to the base greeted me, Brad and Ricky we got along well they knew how to have a laugh and joke, they really where the funniest people there we shared our time together learning strategic moves and keeping up to date with new Intel on German bases.
We knew we only had so long before we were needed to fight and we'd probably get split up so, we each also learnt how to survive on the basic equiptment we would be taking rather than completely on each other.
It wasn't as much time as we hoped, the call of war came to use 3 weeks after being there, we'd been called in so quickly because there was an urgent need for reinforcement...we were preparing for D-Day landings, this would be a beach assult that previously has ended in death to all attackers, there combination of a high hill, mounted guns, snipers and soldiers were like a wall of ammo and bombs it would be a very tall order.
The only chance we had were the American, Irish, Canadian forces that could aid us...we knew there would be lots of death win or lose.

However successes id this mission was crucial, it could turn the tables in our favour, it had to be done. So we began as instructed, gathering our supplys, and writing our possibly final letters to our friends and family.

"To all my beloved,
I am writing this letter hoping it won't be my last, I can't tell you wether this will be the last time you hear from me or not, but know that I love you all, I can't thank you enough for your support and help.
With much love Adam X"
That's how I wrote my letter almost certain it would be my last, my final goodbye.