Chapter 17 - Oh

In all her glory, Blair strides straight over to us with her mile long legs. It would be a lie to say I didn't admire her physique, assuming it was all real.

"Hey guys," she smiles as she approaches our still frames.

"Hi, um Blair what are you doing here?" Aiden inquires.

"Oh I totally forgot to tell you, I'm going to be attending your guys' school from now on," she smirks as if this was some war and she has just claimed victory.

"That's great," I reply in a monotone manner, almost mimicking the sound of my AP calculus teacher who holds the power to put even a brainiac to sleep.

Sorry Mr. Barnes.

"Well I'm only starting after lunch so why don't you show me around Aiden," she emphasizes the last word to make it absolutely clear that I am not welcomed to join this little tour.

Aiden shifts uncomfortably; but nonetheless, he nods and sends me a wary gaze, as if asking for my permission.

I nod hesitantly and wave a goodbye before leaving the two to have at it.

With girls like her I can't help but feel the clawing grasp of insecurities gnaw away at my spine. She just seems better in absolutely every aspect. Well physically that is, her personality truly does blow to me.

But does Aiden even care about that?

I am halted from my walk to the cafeteria by the sound of my phone's text alert. I furrow my eyebrows as I see it to be from an unknown number.

The picture I open shatters my emotions. Blair has Aiden pushed up on a wall, and their lips are connected with what looks like intense force and passion. And I'll just spare the rest of the minor details.

I feel my breathing become a shaky mess; like a tree being threatened by the strongest of winds, verging total collapse.

The pattering of feet nearing me leads me to lift my tear blurred eyes back up. Relief floods over me when I see Grace and Lia rushing over to me with prominent worry in their expressions. They are exactly who I need right now.

The two know better than to question anything immediately, and simply pull me into a much needed hug.

As if already assuming the culprit of my pain, Lia states, "I'm sorry Chloe...once a douchebag always a douchebag."

Grace asks whether I need to stay in the bathroom for the lunch period, but I immediately shake off the idea. The last thing I need to be is another girl crying over Aiden Parker. Nobody was to blame here but myself, I knew what kind of person he has been, yet I chose to trust him. My high hopes for people once again has proven to be pathetic.

Luckily, the message was sent to only me. So as long as I keep a strong face on, I won't have to face the bashing of sympathetic glances. The three of us take a seat at our separate table, ever since my breakup with Blake we found it better to avoid sitting at the old 'jocks' table.

The break was coming to a close, and I notice the doors to the lunchroom being opened by none other than an angry looking Aiden and a smirking Blair.

Once Aiden finds my eyes, his own soften, and he begins to walk over to me. I tense up, knowing there is no escape to the approaching encounter. My friends give me questions looks, which is basically their way of asking whether they needed to form their own little Great Wall of China between me and Aiden.

I simply shake my head, and put on a flat look for Aiden.

"Chloe," I sense his tall frame towering over my seated body. I stand up, only to reach the level of his lips, his prefect and deceiving lips.