The Severity

(Yo I'm just letting you know real quick this chapter was highly referenced/based from the episode PacMan Fever in season 8)

"Edge of downtown. It looks like a dump, it must take them from somewhere around here. Hurry. Bye."  Dean put his phone into his pocket and turned off the car. Sam was on his way.

It was the very end of town. Had it be a Saturday evening and had there not have been multiple disappearances here in the last two weeks, laughter and music and life would echo down to our location. Empty holes in walls where shops should be and a gloomy, run down, atmosphere permeated. 

My fingers tickle a knife wedged into the waistband of my jeans as Sam approached. The hotel wasn't far down the road, and he changed clothes  beforehand. The sun was far gone.

Perhaps my nerves would be acting up as we walked down the alley had I gave a shit about dying. 

Dean placed a hand on my shoulder as we walked down, knives in hands. Dean got a baseball bat from the trunk that he let swing at his side. Despite it's powers, a Djinn is pretty fucked if you bash in it's brains. Sam had one as well, and i have my silver knife. 

After walking with no luck for several minutes, I smelt blood and stopped dead in my tracks. They both stopped and stared at me, and I just pointed. They both knelt down, and I saw the shadow behind them. I screamed, it moved to fast for me. I swung my knife, and if the air could bleed it would have, but it didn't do any good towards the beast. I was down in a second. My screams were muffled and I was taken to it's home in the sewers.

____

Dean's POV (I'm terrified I'm gonna fuck this up lmao)

She was gone. Gone. Twenty damn minutes into a hunt and I lost the young girl. Fan fucking tastic. Sam and I followed it's path below the streets, I had to cover my mouth to not gag. 

Hurry. Hurry. She could be hurt.

I could never forgive myself

I don't even allow the thought to wander in my brain. I can't think about the possibilities. I need to focus.

We hear it wandering along, and Sam and I quickly hide along the wall. It walks across from us, and back on the street through another manhole. He's looking for the other two courses he found, I assume.

I move fast, faster than I have in years.

Jade Jade Jade Jade

At the end of a tunnel is what seems to be a makeshift tarp. I tear through it, and not even with my experience was I prepared for what I saw.

Bodies of the past victims were thrown about the room like empty beer bottles in the bunker. Pale, lifeless. One girl was chained to the wall. My stomach dropped.

I turn to Sam, "Knock me unconscious!"

"The hell?"

"It worked with Charlie! Come on man!"

And with that Sam knocked the absolute shit out of me.

-----

Jade's POV 

I wake up on the floor of a cabin, dazed. I stand up slowly, my muscles aching.

I look around, and have to muffle a shriek. Dismantled body parts decorate the dark room. Unaware if I'm alone or not, I practically tip toe to the window. Cabin with a shit ton of body parts in the middle of the woods. Peachy.

Hearing footsteps, I turn quickly, ready to attempt to fight. 

"It's me. It's me." Dean puts his hands up. I sigh of relief. "What the hell are you doing in my dream?" 

Before he could answer I see a man walk across a path in the distance. "Dean, look!" I run out the door towards this person, and once close enough to see the moonlight illuminate his face, my stomach drops and my body freezes. I could never forget that face.

Dean's POV

"Jade! Damn it get back here! This isn't a dre-"

My entire world falls apart. I recognize these woods. I recognize that cabin. I run towards Jade to try and pull her away, but it's too late.

"JADE!"

Jade's POV

"Dad? Dad? Dad!" 

I begin to run towards him, and he looks at me and smiles. Then it's over. 

The werewolf came and he was annihilated in seconds. He didn't stand a chance

"MATTHEW!!"

A younger Dean runs beside me towards my dad. We reach him at the same time, but I can't touch him, my hands go through him like a ghost. Young Dean grabs him and tries to add pressure to his wounds, but it's impossible, it's his whole body. He's trying to talk to him, to get him to respond, but it's too late. Young Dean pulls him to his chest and weeps. I feel current Dean rub my back as I join him. Current Dean kneels beside me, not in much of a better state than Young Dean.

"It's the Djinn. This isn't a dream. To leave we have to let go."

I look back at Young Dean. He's crying to himself in my father's shoulder. He's soaked in blood. I've pictured this scene a thousand times, but I never could have imagined the actual severity of it all.  

Current Dean helps me up, and I practically collapse into his chest. He hugs me tight, just as much a wreck as myself. "We gotta go." he mutters. So we did. We walked away. 

~~~~~

I'm really sorry for not updating. I swear to God. My health both mentally and physically hasn't been too great as of late, and I didn't write. I'm going to be fine though. Thank you so much for reading!