Chapter 1: From the Start

Athena's

I shake my pencil tapping my sketchpad. I'm bored but I don't know what to draw. I got off from my bed and I sprinted in to the terrace which is connected to my room. I tiptoed as I catch some fresh air. It's cold up here but I love it.

"Dawn? Dinner time!" I heard my mother's voice echooing the whole house.

"Coming." I mumbled. I don't know if she heard it but instead of sprinting down, I jumped on my bed catching my pencil and my sketchpad. I started to draw a scruffy wolf. I just like to picture things out and draw it. I heard a knock from my door the reason I hide my sketchpad like flash.

"Come in." I said in a low tone, shooking my head. The door swung open and I saw my mother but she's not bringing me some food or tray. She always brings me food in my room for the past 9 years.

"Hey." She said, softly. She sit beside me and she ran her hands through my hair.

"Hi." I said looking at her. She smiled at me and I smiled back. Silence filled the air as I was staring at the floor. I hate talking. I just don't know why.

"How's school today?" She said breaking up the silence. I stared at her in a second and look back to the floor.

"You meant, how was home schooling with Teacher Jess?" I said, playing my fingers. Yes, I'm home schooled. I have this phobia from school that was so weird and probably you'll laugh on me so I won't dare to tell you.

"Um, yeah. Sorry." She replied.

"It was fine. As usual." I said in a duh tone. I let out a small sigh as the air from the terrace gives me chills. I forgot to close it. I should've closed it. Mom would think I was wandering in this very room of mine, talking to myself and probably think that I'm stupidly crazy for not going out of my room the whole 9 years. Yes. I didn't dare to go out since that last incident had happend.

"Dawn. I've been thingking that, maybe you should go out from this room sometimes. As I was saying, I want you to make friends--" I know what she was going to tell. This isn't the first time that she offered me to go out and make friends but it won't happen. Never! I cutted her off, saying that I know what she's planning to do or say.

"What I meant is, I want you to go back to school." Mom said. My eyes widened and my heart beated so fast. I know I was palpitating at this sake. My hands started to get pale and I raised my chest trying to get air. My mom handed me my asthma puff. I puffed four or five times as my breathing started to get well. Mom's eyes met mine and I saw her worried.

"I'm s-sorry but Dawn, this is for your own sake." She said shooking her head.

"No!" I snapped at her, still breathing heavily about this whole conversation.

"Dawn, this is for your own good. You can't stay here forever. Okay, I understand. You're afraid about that incident would happen again. Am I right? Athena Dawn Richards. You were named after the Goddess of War, you should be strong! Now pack your school bags up cause you're going to school tommorow." She said. I was still blank, my thoughts were still processing. Then I realized what she had just said.

"What? No!" I spat. Following my mom. "I won't and I'll never will! You know I won't get out of this room nor go to school!" I added. It feels like these smoke would burst out from my ears. Yeah, I know I'm overreacting but I know you'll understand me, later.

"Well, shut that filthy mouth of yours Ms. Richards! And what do you say 'you won't leave this room' and yet here you are." Mom said. I wandered my gaze and I realize I am in the living room. Things had change in this living room. Like duh, last time I walk in this living room was like 9 years ago.