Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Beep beep beep. The alarm annoyingly bickered on and on for a few seconds until I slammed my hand onto the off button in frustration. I rubbed my eyes then removed my comforter from my already freezing body as I stood up and stretched. The weird elephant dying noises always seemed to add onto the quality of my unmotivated mornings.

"Geez, can you not be so scary when you stretch?" Nina routinely threw in a joke. "Don't forget. This is my apartment you're staying in."

I saluted her sarcastically, "Yes si- ma'am."

We both broke into fits of laughter to even just slightly brighten up our once dull morning. We hastily got changed, ready for school and caught the bus.

It took a few stops to get there but when we did, I felt as if the whole world froze on his command. The sudden sparkles began to kick in the atmosphere when a boy, dressed in the school's professional uniform walked in with his killer smile plastered on his handsome face. He was breathtaking.

"Taehyung!" Everyone chanted, repeating his name for a mere 10 seconds.

He passed me, gave me his rectangular box smile. Another factor which seemed to brighten my day was his presence. When he noticed I was staring and admiring his perfect facial features, he smirked and gave me a flirtatious wink.

"Would it hurt to say good morning to me first before you flirt?" I suddenly snapped out of my trance just in time before I could send off another bizarre impression.

"Flirt? What, with you?" He raised a brow and chuckled. "You wish."

Everyone on the bus commented on how savage that statement was. It was so ludicrous that even the bus driver joined in, causing me to become more flustered than I already was as a slight blush coated my cheeks.

I never thought such a statement could pierce through my frail heart so hard that the pain felt like it was actually there, ever since the evening my mother left. It hurt more because I had to face this reality 7 days a week, 24 hours a day all by myself because I couldn't let him know that I was indeed, head over heels because of him.

I was afraid that if I show affection towards someone, life would do whatever it takes to take them away from me. Call it personal experience, but ever since that night when mother left me, I turned into a whole new different person. I was not the jubilant, gullible school girl. I completely wiped her out of my existence the moment my mother walked out that door.

My thoughts were suspended when I felt his hand tap me on the shoulder, "Hey." He whispered. "Do you have the homework for Science?"

I responded by hitting him on the head. I scolded him, "Do it yourself, you straight A student!

"Aish, you!" He exclaimed, leaning back on his seat with his arms crossed over his chest. He was definitely angered by my neglect of his intent to slip past this.

We eventually arrived at the school after a good fifteen minutes of commuting. Taehyung sprinted as fast as he could to class.

It puzzled me at first and I didn't know why, but then I got in the classroom, I figured it out. He was excited because of his girlfriend, Chaeyoung. They were occupied by making sweet comments about each other's appearance as well as expressing their undying love for each other through speech and can I say, physical activity.

As disgusting as it may be, an electrifying sting vibrated on my heart.. It was beyond unbearable. I lowered my head down on the table and rested my chin on the surface. I never noticed there were such distinct patterns printed on the floor of the Physics room. It seemed more interesting than anything else at this point in time.

"You. Homework. NOW." My body flinched when I heard his deep, commanding voice beneath me.

I sat up straight and raised my eyebrows, "Taehyung, what about no?"

The word that I was forbidden to say all my life casually slipped out of my lips.

However, the response from him was far from expected.

"Just wait until later, I'll get you back." He threatened, once again, giving his killer smirk which never fails to take my breath away.

After the physics class was over, Taehyung got a detention for not completing the assignment he demanded from me earlier.

My stomach didn't feel like it needed food so I decided to just roam around the school hallways for lunch, viewing the different poster graphics that students had cleverly made for the Digital Technology course.

That was until, I felt a hand grip onto my mouth from behind, forcibly dragging me to the boy's bathroom. My heart dropped and I fell into a state of panic.

"Taehyung!" I screeched in consternation. "What the actual heck?"

He ignored my perplexed and annoyed cries, opened a cubicle and locked us both in all in a haste.

I was practically screaming his name, "Taehyung, this isn't funny you jerk!"

Then he came closer until I could hear his breath. My whole body couldn't register how close we were now. I could feel goosebumps on my exposed arms when he whispered into my ears.

He smirked, "Ok, you can leave now."

Puzzled, I opened the cubicle door and to my horror, saw our science teacher, Mr. Park washing his hands in the sink.

"Sana!" He exclaimed while accidentally releasing the soap from his grip on the floor, eyes widened. "What the heck are you doing in the boy's bathrooms?"

I squinted my eyes and clenched my fist really tight, "I'm sorry sir,"
I looked down at my shoes in despair.

"Detention after school for you miss." He stated bluntly while giving me a look of dismay.

Mr. Park left the bathroom, completely apprehensive, when Taehyung got out of the cubicle practically losing it with his uncontainable laughter. He had to grip onto the cubicle door or else he would've fallen on the floor. Not that I would care after what he just did to me.

"I told you I would get you back," He had plastered this proud smile on this face which I honestly dreaded to be seeing right now.

I clenched my fists really tightly and it seemed like smoke was bursting from either side of my head. I resembled a volcano about to explode after centuries of inactiveness.

"KIIIIIMM TAEHYUNGGGGG!" I let out the loudest, most frustrated scream in the 17 years of my existence.