Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I waved goodbye at Taehyung, while giving him a fabricated smile. He waved and smiled back, gesturing the call me hand gesture. I couldn't even think about Taehyung.

My dad however was flooding me with thoughts, very frightening thoughts. Tears unknowingly escaped my red and stinging eyes. I was petrified.

He was living happily with another woman, having no conscience even though he had his mind set for killing me.

I want to talk to him maturely so he is well aware that I'm not someone to be messed around with, that I'm worth something. No kidding, what am I worth?

Nothing can be as lowly and dreadful as me. I mean, both my parents abandoned me. My father, left me with another woman, and my mother nowhere to be seen even though she promised to come back for me. I sighed relentlessly, laying on my bed, staring at the stars I stuck ever so creatively on the ceiling.

"I can't take this anymore," I mumbled to myself as the tears rushed down to my neck.

In only a few more moments, I then found I was finding it a little difficult to breathe. I shut my eyes closed but I just couldn't get myself to sleep.

My mind was racing with thoughts, past experiences and what my future would be like — with no mum, dad and even possibly Taehyung. I turned to my side and opened my drawer. I grabbed my photo album and began examining them, my pathetic and loud sobs occupying the once silent atmosphere. I resembled a crazy physco girl, with messed up hair and tears streaming down my eyes like an uninterrupted stream. I looked like a bride whose groom didn't turn up to the wedding.

I don't want to lose you, Taehyung. You're my only hope now.

• • •

I spent my whole Saturday at home, watching K Dramas in my sweatpants and hair tied up in a messy bun. I quite enjoyed watching those but my mind, my thoughts still haunted my existence, disrupting the way in which I would enjoy what I was watching. However, in the morning, I woke up at around 4 in the morning to kick start some essays and folios so that I wouldn't struggle to finish them before the deadline. It was a really effective way to divert my mind's attention from the reality I was facing.

The following day, Sunday, I opened my pantry to find that I had no more food to eat. Groceries probably slipped off Nina's mind as she promised me yesterday she was going to do it. I didn't mind going to the supermarket, it would be a favour to both of us and I didn't want to burden Nina more than I already have.

I was walking through the aisle, pushing my trolley trying to look for the bread Nina and I both crave in the mornings.. That was when I heard some familiar voices coming from the other side.

I knew it was him. It was Taehyung.

He was with his music group called BTS. Jimin, Jungkook, Rapmon, Suga, J Hope and Jin all crowded into a circle with Taehyung in the middle.
I hid behind the shelf overhearing their conversation. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but my curiosity overwhelmed my decisions.

Curiosity killed the cat.

I was in awe when I overheard Jungkook say,

"So guys, are you ready for our flight on Tuesday?"

I felt my heart plummet as my eyes shot open in surprise. Were they leaving? Taehyung?

Adrenaline rushed through my veins and I knew I had to get out of here. I made a run for it. I tried sprint to the cashiers, pushing my trolley along with me.