Training Day

Hello! I changed the P.O.V. so it is less confusing for readers! I hope you understand! ❤️ Thanks for feedback! It made me realize my error. I hope you enjoy this new change. Also, the boyfriend has a name now. I hope you don't mind. It's better than what I'd do before "your boyfriend" was for repeatedly stated. Anyways, enjoy!

Love,

Katelyn

*****

The day I prayed and prayed would never happen. My boyfriend, James Murphy, one of the most heartless fighters I know, was on the other team. My [ e/c ] eyes were glazed with worry and the calculation of terrible outcomes. I may be a healer, but I was going to have to 'fight'. Just like Mercy, I could resurrect the dead, but I did not use a staff to heal. I had the power of healing. I don't know how I got these powers. They've always just been there. My past is unclear. All I knew was that I am going to be shot at a lot during this training.

I inspected my gun. It looked like my authentic blaster but it was full of paintballs instead of real ammo. I was in the deployment room, thinking about James. He was really going to enjoy killing me. I sighed, a sad sigh. I felt someone brush against my shoulder, causing me to snap back into reality.

"Hello, luv!" Tracer beamed at me. Her smile turned into a frown as she noticed my expression. "What's wrong luv?"

"Nothing." I smiled sheepishly at her, shrugging.

"Something's eating ya."

"I'm fine, really. I just didn't get much sleep." I wasn't completely lying, I only got two hours of sleep. Or was it one?

"Okay..." Tracer wanted to ask more, but she knew to leave it. She waved, and I replied back with a nod.

"Winston! I got your favorite!" Tracer blinked to Winston.

Winston start to respond, but he was cut off by a louder voice. My attention increased as I turned to listen to the speaker, Soldier 76. Everyone listened to him, time stopped just for him. Everything else went to the back of my mind. He told everyone what our objective was, we were attacking the red team to move the payload forward. Since the specifics vary in actual battle, he remained vague.

"And our only healer on this mission is [y/n]. If you need healing, look first for her. If you don't find her, you can look for me to get stabilized." I couldn't tell through his visor where his eyes were, but I felt many other eyes staring at me. I awkwardly waved to my team: Winston, Tracer, D.Va, Mei, and Soldier 76. As everyone else turned back to 76, I heard a quiet and muffled chuckle from under his mask.

After his lecture was over, which seemed like hours, Athena told us to attack. The door opened, and out we went. The defense was really good, Reinhardt, Widowmaker, Reaper, Mercy, Ana, and James were putting in work. I saw everyone, except him. Where was he? I healed and healed, absentmindedly looking for him. I had some paintball splatter on me, but it wasn't considered deadly in this training.

Widowmaker headshot Tracer, Mei, and D.Va out of her mecha. I was with Winston when I heard the gunshots. I made it to them. I was going to resurrect the fallen heroes. All of a sudden, someone grabbed me from behind. I tried to Rez, but James grabbed me by the waist and mouth. My gun fell out of my hands. I struggled, trying to Rez my friends, my only family. It felt so real...

I kicked, each impact harder and harder on him. He grabbed me tighter, he was enjoying this. I realized soon it would be too late to save them. I cried as I fought. Tears landed on his arms as he strangled me. Having too much fun, he accidentally pulled my left arm out of its socket. I shrieked, in true pain. It caused most of the other team to stop what they were doing. Mercy could be heard mumbling: "Oh dear." She knew she couldn't help right now, which bothered her to no end. The other team went back to attacking Winston and his dome, now with less focus. Tracer looked over, struggling to not move from being 'dead'.

Murphy realized what he did and tried to put my dislocated arm back in place. I kept yelping as he roughly messed with my shoulder socket.

"It's fine just leave it James!!! PLEASE! Just shoot me!!!" I sounded like I was about to pass out from the pain. My breathing became hard and out of sync. My struggling began to subside. He fired into my head, effortlessly, but he looked 'pained' to do it. The pain was nothing more than what he usually did to me, so I didn't flinch. He seemed rushed, he heard footsteps behind him. He was cursing under his breath. A gunshot. He fell, taking me with him. He landed on me. This was an actual accident. My arm made another snapping sound. I groaned in pain, blinking in and out of consciousness.

"I am so sorry..." James whispered into my ear, his voice sounded genuinely distraught. I became mostly conscious. I was able to adjust to the pain. Tears rolled down my eyes as I resurrected my friends. My teammates bolted up, running towards the payload. Ana was eliminated. Mercy was eliminated seconds later. They got up, knowing they could not be saved. Mercy groaned, not liking the red paint in her light colored hair.  Ana laughed at her. They went back towards their spawn room.

James got up, doing the same. "I am sorry." He repeated. He looked sad and innocent. He walked off, head down in 'sorrow'. I remained on the ground, trying to regain composure. My left arm remained twisted and out of place. The sight made me feel light headed. I heard footsteps coming from behind. My savior was there. He knelt, pulling me into a sitting position, using his knee for me to lean on. Soldier 76 looked at me, his expression unclear through his mask and visor. The payload was captured, he ordered the rest to keep going. Everyone else was uneasy, reluctantly moving along.

"What was that?" He demanded an answer. He seemed furious from this nonsense. He didn't seem to notice my arm's distorted position due to rage.

"He did it by accid-"

"Sure. Accident."

I went silent. He began to lecture me, telling me that such actions were unacceptable. My heart raced and skipped beats. To hide my shame I closed my tearful eyes for a few seconds, but I couldn't reopen them. I went limp, paint dripping onto his pant leg as my head hit his kneecap.

"[ y/n ]? Answer me!" 76's tone changed. Soldier finally noticed that my arm was dislocated from the shoulder joint and I had gone ashen. He quickly opened one of my eyelids, trying to see if I was okay. He cursed under his breath. He picked me up, rushing from the scene. He stopped, turning to see my abandoned blaster. He went back to get it and rushed to get me to the medical bay.

Let's just say this, James will not be very happy after with me when I wake up.