Aftermath

SURPRISE!!! Hello. I said that the last part had already occurred. Sorry, but I lied. I wanted to add how Soldier 76 reacted after you died. I have already said this, but I shall say it again: I PREFERRED THE FIRST ENDING! Which is why I eliminated the second one. Enjoy! The p.o.v. is omniscient.

Soldier let out a cry in defeat. Angela raced in, followed by McCree. They froze up, in horror. Angela cried into her hands. "I couldn't save her...How did I let this happen to her? I should have tried to do more in her surgery..."

McCree rubbed her back. "There's nothing you could have done..." His voice croaked.

Soldier 76 remained silent, holding the dead girl close. The long beep was still continuous. The sound made him angry. He put his love down into a peaceful looking position. He rose, putting on his mask. He took the source of the sound by the screen. He threw it down, causing Angela to shriek.

Glass shattered. Even though the machine was dead, the sound rang in his head nonetheless.

McCree was left speechless.

"So-" McCree went silent as 76 bumped against him, whilst storming out.

He was gone for a long time.

------

The sky was dark and clouds were crying over the loss of the fallen hero. A small crowd had gathered for her burial. The ones that stood out were McCree, Angela, Tracer, and of course Soldier 76. She did not have family members to see her, which hurt Soldier even more. The four of them carried the casket to the grave site, in complete silence.

Angela's tears were concealed by the pouring rain. Tracer and McCree looked defeated, and nonetheless mournful. It was Jack though, who was affected the worst. His expression was unreadable...Like nothing happened. He was hiding his pain.

His visor protected his emotions like a wall. Soldier was hurting inside but he did not show it. Not anymore. Never again.

Finally, the casket was put down. Each member put a flower on the casket. Lena began the action, for everyone else was hesitant. Angela followed, with McCree shortly after. Soldier remained still. His flower remained stuck in his hand like it was glued to him.

"Jack." Angela murmured to him. He didn't acknowledge his name anymore. He would never again.

McCree frowned. "Soldier." This prompted action.

He slowly made his way to the casket, as if he were a child hesitant to meet a new person. His hand reached for the casket. Just a little bit farther. He's so close...

It was done.

------

The digging was done. She was gone, forever. Lena and Angela left soon after. McCree said goodbye before he walked off. Soldier was alone, staring at the tombstone in disbelief. How could he let this happen? He had sworn to protect everyone. And he meant it. Especially her.

There would never be anyone else. Ever. She was all he would ever get. And he let her die. He knew everyone was gone. He slowly sank to his knees. His fingers traced her carved out name. He was unable to move. He missed her, and would never be the same. Ever.

As he traced the dash in her life span, he reimagined all the times he had been with her, never realizing how amazing she was. He felt a weird envy for her abusive boyfriend all those years ago, but never knew why. He suffered before all this happened. A sufferance that he let happen because he didn't know what he felt.

He finally reached the year she died. His fingers remained there. He let the rain pour on him as he knelt on the muddy earth with a broken heart.

Hopefully you liked it! Also, haven't checked for errors so I'll be on the look out for those. Just wanted to surprise you guys!!! Let me know what you think. Bye now!!!