Chapter 2

All the furniture is in the house and it's Saturday morning. School starts on Monday.

Don't get me wrong I have everything ready, but mum decided to find out that at 10am most of the students from the new school are going down to their on campus oval to watch the school football team play against a rivalry team.

Mum insists that I go down there and watch, she says that I 'might just find a friend'. I went along with the idea. Besides. I don't really want to feel alone on the first day of school.

"Okay honey I'll pick you up in an hour, now hurry the game starts in 10 minutes."

I get out of the car and swing a little bag onto my back. Just to agitate her, I look back into the window and give her a big fat fake smile and wave as I watch her drive off down the street. Leaving her rolling her eyes I'm guessing.

I walk around the school and it actually seems pretty nice until I finally found the oval. I decide to take a seat at the front near the school football team and a bunch of girls cheering the team on.

Must admit I'm already bored wit the concept of the sport, so I take out my note book and pencils and start sketch one of the football hats with the schools logo.

"Wow you're an amazing drawer," someone said from infront of me.

I look up to see a cheerleader of the school.

"Oh sorry, the name's Jennifer but you can call me Jen," she said putting out her hand.

"Hi I'm Hayley, are you one of the cheerleaders?" I asked taking her hand and and shaking it.

"Yeah I'm the head cheerleader, are you new?" she asked.

"Yeah. I start on Monday," I said smiling at her.

"Oh cool, well I hope you're in one of my classes," she said getting up, "I have to go but as a welcome would you like to come with us to Starbucks after the game?"

"Yeah I'd love to," I said looking up at her.

"Okay well I'll see you soon."

She was so nice, a cheerleader was actually nice to me. I usually thought that they were nasty, but that's just stereotyping them. I guess their all different here.

The games started and all the team lined up ready to kick their butts. Number 7 was going a really good job. Everyone was cheering and then it came to them having a break, home was on 2 and away was on 0. The cheerleaders started to do a dance and all the guys are strategising on what to do, I was too busy finishing off the final touches on my drawing until I finally looked over to see #7 starting at me. I smiled at him and he smiled back, I looked back down at my drawing and finished one final thing before closing my book and putting the book and pencils in the bag.

I took out my phone and texted my mom and told her I made friends with the head cheerleader Jennifer and I'm going to go to Starbucks with her after the game was finished, she said it was fine and that I can just walk home when I'm ready.

The game was finally finished, by the way we won.

"Hey are you ready to go Hayley, there's a mall near the school so were all just going to get one and then if you want you can come over to my house and there having a little party at Hayes house tonight?" She asked.

"Yeah that sounds great," I said getting up and walking with her and the rest of the cheer squad to Starbucks.

"Hello I'll get a iced mocha please in a grande size," I said getting out my purse and handing him some money.

Everyone got their drinks and we sat all along a table.

"So Hayley, I think we should fill you in on what happens at our school," Jen said taking a sip of her drink.

"Okay so the football team and the cheers quad are the popular ones but we don't like to be nasty to them and everyone gets along," she said looking at all the girls as they agree.

"All the girls like a guy called Hayes, his brother is Nash Grier and his vine famous, you'll meet Hayes tonight."one of the girls said.

"Oh ok, I have a vine account but I don't do things on it and I didn't know he was on it." I said taking a sip of my drink.

After all the girls and I talked for a while we all said goodbye and I went with Jen to her house, on the way I called my my mom and told her what was going to happen and got the all clear.

"Do you have any siblings?" she asked.

"Um yeah I have a four year old brother names Tyler and a sixteen year old sister named Riley, how about you?" I questioned.

"Yeah I have a twenty year old brother, but he moved out of the house a year ago."

We walked for another ten minutes and then finally made it to her house, we walked inside and went up to her room. Light pink walls with a chocolate brown floor.

"So the party is going to start at about 6 so we have four hours to do something and we'll use the last hour to get ready," she said sitting on her king sized bed.

"But I am ready," I said looking at my outfit.

"If you want you can wear one of my outfits," she said grabbing something to wear instead of her cheer outfit.

I don't know if that's a good idea.