Chapter Thirteen

PLEASE VOTE, FOLLOW, AND COMMENT!

Chapter Thirteen

Week 16- The baby weighs about 5 ounces and is about 5 inches long. Facial features (Eyelids, ears, upper lip) can be seen. The baby can hear sounds. The digestive system is working in the Baby. The baby's genitals are defined.

____________

"Stila," a voice calls to me from outside of my slumber. "We're going to be late for the babies appointment!"

Slowly opening my eyes, they level right on the clock and I jump out of bed, hurrying to get dressed and let Clyde, the unmistakable voice, inside my apartment.

Opening the door, I was instantly in his arms, as we hugged. Things this past week have been going well for me and him; we went on two more dates and have kissed dozens of more times.

Today is the day where, hopefully, we find out the gender of our precious little baby.

"Go get dressed, I'll make breakfast," Clyde whispers to me, walking away and leaving me alone in the hallway to process my feelings.

I walk back into my room and pick out a long sweater and some leggings, throwing my hair into a bun and brushing mascara over my eyelashes.

Leaving my room, I'm greeted with the aroma of cooked eggs and I picked up my speed, excited for the food that soon will be entering my mouth.

"How do you feel about today?" Clyde asks, taking a plate out from the cabinet and loading it with eggs before sliding it to me.

"I feel really excited," I say. "I just want to know who the little peanut is, and who it will be."

"Me too."

After adding a million dollops of ketchup, I finish my eggs and rinse my plate off, jumping up and heading to put my shoes on.

"You should continue to jump, you know," Clyde says, coming up from behind me.

"And why is that?" I ask him, turning around.

"Because I'll always be here to catch you," he said, his lips pressing against mine in an intimate and passionate kiss.

After we break apart. I finish pulling on my leather booties and we head out the door with no time to spare.

"We're so late," I giggle, rushing to his car and sitting down in the passenger seat.

"Who didn't wake up when their alarm sounded?" Clyde asked, raising an eyebrow and starting the car.

"It's Saturday! Normal human beings aren't supposed to awake at-" Looking at the clock, I widen my eyes in surprise. "Who in the world scheduled this appointment? It's 8:30 am. Seriously, why am I awake right now?"

"Hmm, I wonder who?" He asked, rolling his eyes and looking at me with another arched brow.

As we sped through traffic, barely missing the backs of cars, excitement coursed through my body. To say I was thrilled would be the least; I'm ecstatic.

After a grueling 15 more minutes of New York City traffic, we arrived at our destination.

"Are you ready for this?" Clyde asks me, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the building's front doors.

"Absolutely, positively, 100%," I replied, grinning from ear to ear and walking into the elevator with him.

We rode the elevator up in silence, both of us too giddy to say anything.

As we reached the floor, Clyde again grabbed my hand and pulled me to the reception desk, checking me in and then sitting us both down across a pregnant mother and her toddler son.