Chapter Twenty

Song This Chapter: Stand By Me

Chapter Twenty

Week 23- If the baby hears a familiar sound, it can respond with movement. 80% of the baby's sleep time is spent in REM (Rapid eye movement). The eyes move, while the brain is active.

______________

"Move in with me?" Clyde asks, for the 7th time in a week.

"Clyde, we've discussed this. We aren't in the right place right now, ask me next month."

"What's different in a month from now?" He asks, sitting up on the bed where we were cuddling and watching movies.

"Our relationship. I'll know if we work well together," I replied, getting up as well and moving to open the door.

"Where are you going? I'm not done with this conversation!" With that, I turned around, crossed my arms, and raised my eyebrow at him. "What do you mean you'll know whether or not we'll work well together? We are now, aren't we?"

"Yes, but it could just be a flux. Who knows? But that's my answer; take it or leave it. I'm gonna go make some Macoroni and Nutella. Would you like some?"

"I'll stick to macaroni and cheese, please. I'll also come help you because you in the kitchen sounds like a terrible idea."

We begin our descent in the kitchen, stopping outside of Theo's doorway to marvel at the quietness with both him and Zackie inside. We enter the kitchen and immediately get to work. By "we" I mean Clyde. He wasn't lying when he said me being in the kitchen would be a terrible idea.

"Are you excited for next Sunday? Christmas is coming and I'm so beyond ecstatic!" I say, starting up the conversation while Clyde poured the noodles into the boiling hot water.

"I am, too. It'll definitely be interesting with having to visit both of our families in the same day. Next year, they're coming to us. I can't deal with having to do that with a baby," He replies, turning around to face me.

"I'm with you on that one," I agree. "By this time next year, our baby will already be 9 months old. Can you believe that?"

"It's crazy. I just hope I'll be a good father. Growing up, my father was too busy building an empire to pay attention to my sister and me. Yet, somehow, my father and mother never fell out of love. They were the most in-love people I had ever met. When I was ten, I swore that I would find someone to love like how my father loved my mother. And I think I found that person."

By the end of his little speech, I was a bit teary-eyed. I blamed it on the hormones, but the truth is if I wasn't hormonal I still would've had tears in my eyes.

"I think I've found that person, too. My person. You're my person, Clyde. And I am absolutely in love with you. Thank you for standing with me even when I eat Nutella pickles and cry at Comedy movies because I saw a cute puppy. And thank you for sticking by our sons and I sides. Because of that, you're already an amazing father," I told him, walking over to him and resting my head over his heart.

"Thank you for being amazing, Stila. You're truly a gift from god," He said, kissing the top of my head and swaying us.

We stayed that way for another 5 minutes until the noodles in the pot were going to boil over the edge.

Nights like these, I'm tempted to say yes to Clyde's proposal. 

___________

Chapter 20 done!

Please Vote, Follow & Comment!

Sorry, I haven't updated in a while, I got ill and then lazy. To make it up to you, there will be a long chapter posted on Christmas.

Xoxo, Cooler_Than_You_101