and the Book of Thoth (part 1)

Reina: So now it's time for Kuro and Lawless to appear.

The titles are in lower case so that it reads as "The Librarians and the Book of Thoth." Episode summaries will appear at the beginning of each episode in part 1.

Episode 1: and the Book of Thoth

Episode summary: Kuro (real name Ash) receives a letter from the mysterious library, inviting him for a job. Somewhat intrigued, he brings his brother Lawless with him where they meet the Librarian - Mikuni Alicein. When the Brotherhood of Vampires breaks in, it's up to them to defend the library.

It was a sunny day outside of the Servamp house. Ash, the eldest of the Servamp siblings, was being your average NEET and played Overwatch to pass his free time. This angered his siblings, which is why Lawless and Lily were the only ones who stayed in the house - they couldn't stand Ash (or Kuro, as they had nicknamed him) cooping himself in his room. Lawless didn't really care about Kuro, and Lily cared enough to make sure that Kuro got fed.

It wasn't always this way....

But that was the past....

Now.....

Nothing......

------------------

"I'm heading out," Kuro muttered.

Lawless looked up at him, annoyed that he had interrupted his lines. "For what?"

"I'm going to buy a new 3DS."

"Yeah right," the blond scoffed. "You're joking."

"Lily won't buy me a new one and neither will you," Kuro muttered. "So I apparently have to go outside into the cruel world and get myself one."

"Serves you right for being a NEET."

Kuro ignored Lawless and went to open the door. As he did, he noticed an envelope on the floor.

"Did Lily drop this?" Kuro muttered. Bending over, his fingers curled underneath the envelope and brought it to his face. He stared out it for several seconds, utterly confused.

"Go thou, and fill another room in hell," Lawless sneered.

Kuro didn't reply, focusing instead on the letter he was opening.

"Kuro?"

Silence.

"Okay, I was joking earlier. Please tell me you didn't actually die."

Kuro didn't hear Lawless. He was rereading the letter for the fifth time.

"Lily is going to kill m-" Lawless cursed as he stormed out of the kitchen, stopping as soon as he laid eyes upon his older brother. "So you are alive. You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

Kuro got up and slouched, handing the letter to his younger brother. "This is a mistake."

Lawless gingerly held the letter and examined it.

The Tokyo Library cordially invites Ash Servamp for an interview on the 5th of August, 20XX.

Lawless reread the letter once more. "Wh-"

"Did you or Lily set me up for this?" The bluenette demanded angrily.

"... No," Lawless muttered.

Kuro scowled. "Then I won't go."

"Of course," the blond hissed. "You're an idiot."

The bluenette shrugged and moved to the kitchen, pausing midway through.

"Lawless?"

"Yeah?"

".... Job interviews aren't given through the mail, correct?"

The blonde snarled and made a motion to strangle the NEET. "Of course not, big brother."

Kuro turned around. "If that's the case..... I may want to look into it."

Lawless looked up and frowned. "What? Seriously?"

"No, not really. But why was that sent to me?"

"Sounds like a good enough excuse to go," Lawless muttered. "Practice can wait."

"But I don't wan-"

"Too bad," Lawless smirked as he put his shoes and grabbed his brother by the coat. "Let's go investigate it."

"This is too much of a pain," Kuro muttered.

And with that, Lawless and Kuro left the house....

Unaware of the danger that awaits them in the shadows.

Reina: So that's Episode 1 part 1. The next part will have them at the library and meet Mikuni. 

Also, I had Lawless quoting Shakespeare.