and the Book of Thoth (part 2)

After a fight in the car that lasted over an hour (mainly because Kuro refused to leave the car, and Lawless had to resort to nearly destroying Kuro's phone), the two brothers were standing outside the Tokyo Library. Lawless looked at the envelope. "Okay.... We're here. Now what?"

"We go home," Kuro muttered as he attempted to turn away, only for Lawless to grab his jacket.

"Don't you dare," the actor muttered. "This is your job, not mine."

"Oh, come on!" Kuro whined. "I just want to go home."

"I can't believe that your my older brother," Lawless muttered. "You act like a spoiled brat."

A man was walking by the bickering brothers when he paused. Moving his hat up, he looked at them quizzically. "Are you here to work at the library?"

"Not me," Lawless replied quickly.

Kuro sighed when he noticed that Lawless wasn't going to explain anything to the man. "What a pain.... A letter got sent to me that I'm some Guardian or something. I really don't know."

The man's eyes lit up. "So you're the new Guardian. Follow me!" Grabbing Kuro's wrist, he dragged the bluenet to a door nearby against his protests. After a few seconds, Lawless followed and opened the door as well. As he entered, he felt his skin crawl, as if something was touching his back. He quickly turned around, but no one was there.

"Did I.... Imagine that? Am I going crazy like..."

His head dropped at the painful memory. No, he couldn't think of her.... His brother was currently being dragged by an eccentric man in a strange hat. He couldn't let the man get away with it - Lily would kill him for losing Ash.

"Kuro?" Lawless asks.

"Over here," came Kuro's monotone voice from the corridor.

Lawless took in a deep breath and ran down the corridor, expecting the worst - Kuro being tortured by a scientist or something.

He was not expecting high vaulted ceilings and tall bookcases filled from head to toe with books. Display cases held artifacts that Lawless had only seen in textbooks and movies. His breath was taken away, and he could only gap in shock.

"Glad that you could join us," the man from earlier piped up.

Lawless turned around and saw Kuro sitting down, facing away from the man. Now that he had a good look, Lawless examined the man's strange clothes before landing on the doll that sat precariously on his shoulder. It looked like a little girl wearing a red dress with a straw hat.

"What the-"

"Don't look at my Abel with perverted eyes!" The man hissed as he covered the doll with one of his hands. Lawless could only gap at this man. He wasn't serious.

Right?

"He did the same thing to me," Kuro muttered. "He's a weird ass librarian."

"You're a librarian?" Lawless asked incredulously, completely forgetting the doll.

The man nodded. "Not just any librarian - THE Librarian. Mikuni Alicein at your service," he muttered with a bow.

"O...kay....."

Mikuni frowned. "Oh right.... I haven't explained what I do." He waved his hand at all the display cases. "See these artifacts?"

Both Kuro and Lawless nodded, allowing Mikuni to continue.

"I find these artifacts and store them here - we can't exactly have magic out and about, can we?"

"Magic....?" Both Servamp boys ask.

Mikuni nods. "Yeah. Magic wands, Merlin's staff, Hephaestus's hammer, etc. We keep everything here so that idiots don't take them and use them to accidentally give everyone cat ears and tails."

"Please tell me you're joking," Lawless begs.

"Nope."

"Oh god," Lawless mutters as Kuro rolls his eyes.

Mikuni smirks. "And to protect me from danger, I have a Guardian defend me in battle."

Kuro's eyes widen. "What?"

"You heard me. Soon we'll-"

"There is no 'we,'" Kuro snarled. "I have zero intention of being a body-"

Suddenly the whole room shook. Mikuni grabbed a display case to hold onto to while Lawless and Kuro both fell face first into the ground.

"What's happening?" Lawless asked as he got up.

Mikuni grabbed both Servamp brothers and hid them behind the bookshelf. He looked at them both, concern in his eyes.

"It's them... The Brotherhood of Vampires.

Reina: I went from having it starring to Kuro to the story starring Lawless. Whoops. Sorry not sorry.