Chapter 2: The Girl

My head shot up. I looked around. I was in my room. I looked to my right. Tali wasn't there. Phew, it was just a dream. But for some reason I feel kind of sad. I wish it was real. I sat up on my bed. I didn't feel any different. I didn't look any different. Though, my head was spinning. It's normal. I always wake up with a headache when I have a dream like that. I don't know why, but I do. The only conclusion I could come to is that my head is confused. Because those dreams seem strangely real. But I guess that would make sense.

I moved my covers off me and stood up. Trying not to fall over. I almost came tumbling to the floor. I caught myself, though. I walked over to my desk, and picked up a data-pad. It turned on with a bright orange glow. I looked at the top right corner. It was writen in military time, but I could clearly make out the actual time. For I am a marine. Huh, it was only noon. Well, I guess thats late. I'm not sure. I guess it just depends on the person. For me, though, it's late. I'm normally used to waking up around 6 or 7. I guess not today.

I heard a low, quiet knock on my door. "It's open!" I called out. I heard the door fling open. I looked over and almost lost it. It was Tali. She was dressed in her suit. For some reason, though, her suit seemed in some places...tighter...than usual. I mentally slapped myself. Fucking dream! Messing with my head! Goddammit!! Tali walked down the steps and in front of me. "So, Reegar, how's the building repairs working?" I knew what she was doing. Luring me into a conversation, then, asking me what's wrong. She'd used this trick on me millions of times. But I always obeyed her command of it. "Crappy." I replied. I paused for a moment. Then spoke again. "I'm a marine. Not some architect." Tali grabbed my right arm with her left hand. "I'm sorry. I wish I was there to help you. I could have made it more exciting by showing you tips and tricks, though I'm definitely not an architect, either." She giggled at the end of her sentence. I chuckled. You could definitely make it more exciting. "Yeah. I mean...I-I guess...m-ma'am." Tali smiled.

"Are you okay, Kal?" And here it comes! I knew it was a matter of time before she asked me what was wrong. I knew I had to make an excuse lie. "Yeah. Just-" I stopped for a moment. "Dreams." Tali giggled. "What about?"Goddammit Tali!!! "The war." Tali sighed. "The Quarian and Geth war?" I didn't know what to say. So I nodded. She giggled. "Was I in it?" God damn! I sighed in response. I guess saying yes isn't that bad here. "Yeah, you were." She grabbed my hands. Her three fingers interlapping with mine. I felt my face burn up. She grabbed my back and pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry, Kal." She paused for a moment, still squeezing me. I hugged her back. "And I told you. Call me Tali when it's just you and me. I don't care even if you call me that in public." She giggled again.

She pulled away from me. Her hands still in mine. Her faceplate dangerously close to mine. She chuckled. A sound I had never heard before. Not even in the dreams. Normally, it would be a giggle. But a chuckle, not likely from her. "Your blushing." She said it plain and boring. I shook my head. "No, ma'am." She laughed lightly. "Tali. And yes, yes you are blushing. Your face is glowing." I mentally slapped myself again. Dammit! I forgot about that. "W-well...ma-" She interupted me by clearing her throat. "Tali, I-I-I...well...um." I felt my face heat up more. Goddammit! She wrapped her arms around my neck. Using me for support. She moved my hands to her waist, then moved her hands back to my neck. "It's okay. It's kinda cute." She paused. "Well, I have to go. Engineer stuff. Bye, Kal!" And with that sentence she walked out of the room. Leaving me. Very aware in my thoughts.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆

I was walking back to my room at the end of the day. Since the war was over. I didn't have anything to do as a marine. So, they put me as an architect, for some reason. As I was walking back to my house, this girl approached me. Obviously a Quarian girl. She had a decorative cloth similar to Tali's. It wrapped around from her shawl to around her chest. Then, down around her waist and down to her legs. Where it curved together. Her cloth and shawl was yellow. No pattern, just plain yellow. And the enviro-suit underneath was a bland silver color.. The metal neck peice was a shiny gold. And the buckles were gold as well. Just plain, no design again. And her faceplate was blue.

She walked up to me and practically screamed. "Hey I know you!" I turned to her and tilted my head; confused. "You do?" She nodded. "Kal'Reegar was it? The marine? I remember meeting you back on Haestrom." Haestrom. Oh yeah. I met this girl before I could get to Tali. Nice girl. This is her. She wasn't on her Pilgrimage. She was working for the team of experts studying Geth resources. I don't know what she's doing now. "Yeah. What was your name again. Sorry, it's been difficult studying in stuff I don't even know." She giggled. "Oh no. They made you do architecture, didn't they?" I nodded. "Yeah. Why put me as an architect, when I'm a marine? It makes no sense." She nodded. "Yeah. Oh, and by the way, my name is Lana, Lana'Ziyah nar Rayya." I nodded. "Yeah. I remember meeting you. Well, I have to go." She nodded as well. "Yeah. Me too. Bye Reegar!" I smiled. "Bye Lana." And with those last two words, I walked away.

===================================================

Tell me who likes the design of Lana I came up with? I do. ;p
Comment down below what you think will happen. •.•
Cya in the next chapter my lovelies. ^-^