Prologue

** ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS BOOK WAS CREATED BY ME AND OWNED MY ME. PLEASE SO NOT PLAGIARISE! NO REPRODUCTION OF THIS WORK OR TITLE IS ALLOWED. PLEASE RESPECT CREATIVE BOUNDARIES** 

I was too excited about this chapter to wait until December to publish it. So, I thought I would give you a little teaser. 

Happy reading my lovelies... 

Harper J. x

***

The faint sound of tapping wakes me from a deep sleep. Loud footsteps stomp up and down the hallway outside my bedroom door, and I groan, refusing to believe it is already the next day. Squeezing my eyes shut, I hope that if they don't open I might fall back to sleep. After a few still moments another groan escapes me. Sleep won't come. I love the feel of the crisp white sheets cradling my bare body. Rolling over onto my side, I pull the sheet with me to spare my dignity. I felt his possessive grip on my hip, and roll back into his bare chest. Even in his sleep, Jace has a steel hold; like I am his; but I'm not. I don't belong to anyone.

The sweet smell of lime and roses hangs in the warm air from a candle I lit the night before. My wavy hair slides over my face and I blow out a puff of air to push it away. I rub my eyes and peel Jace's hand away from me. As I start to sit up slowly, but notice Zain standing at the door, his chocolaty brown eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Oh my god! Get out you perv," I exclaim as I throw a pillow at him. He dodges it, a smug grin plastered over his stupid face. He chuckles and retreats, closing the door behind him. Jace stirs, and unconsciously reaches a hand out to pull me back to him.

Living in a house full of young men with raging hormones is not at all as great as it seems. My older brother Aiden now runs the gang after our parents and eldest brother, Liam, died. He asked three of his best friends to move into our family home to protect me - God why? Zain, Jace, Gus and Aiden all grew up together. They've known each other for as long as they can remember. Although their families weren't part of the family business, they did know about the Argents' reputation. So when Aiden asked the boys to be part of the Silvers, they all left their normal lives and gave up everything to protect me. Even though I'm grateful for them to be in my life, they really are very annoying sometimes –especially Zain.

Gathering a sheet around my bare chest, I sit up slowly and slide on the underwear that had been peeled off me last night. I start making my way to my bathroom but before I can, the door opens again without a warning knock.

"Aiden wants you, hurry up," Zain calls.

I squeal and run into the bathroom for privacy, which I obviously don't get enough of in this damn house. "Get the fuck out!" I yell from behind the closed door of my bathroom. Those stupid boys!

Standing in front of my mirror, I look at my reflection and internally groan. I look like a zombie. Five hours of sleep doesn't do wonders for your under-eyes. I huff and rake my fingers through my long, damp, dark-auburn hair that hangs just above the small of my back. I like to be barefaced purely and simply because I would much rather stay in bed half and hour longer than get up and make myself look pretty. I guess growing up with two older brothers made me value other things in life.

I plop down the grand staircase and make my way through to the kitchen to make some toast. The family home is enormous, far too big for a family of five if you ask me. The entrance of the house is guarded by two large wooden doors, which open into an equally large foyer. The grand staircase pools down both sides of the foyer and hanging above is a crystal chandelier that chimes when the breeze sweeps through the front doors. There are two larger rooms on either side of the entrance, which open up from the foyer; the kitchen on the left, the family room on the right. Zain and Gus have their own bedrooms downstairs at the back of the house. Both rooms have sliding glass doors, which offer views of the sizeable, luscious green garden.