Chapter Two

After knocking quickly on the door to my brother's office, he calls me in. I walk in stiffly, my legs and ass aching with each uneasy step.

"Looks like someone got what they deserved." Aiden cocks an eyebrow at me.

I shoot him a sarcastic smile and flip him off. He responds with a knowing smirk. Taking my seat across the desk from Aiden, I squirm around to find a comfortable position. Sitting on my bruised ass, I chew at my lip to take away the constant throbbing in my lower body.

"You wanted to talk to me?" I pressed on with the matter at hand.

He clears his throat, and shuffles some papers on his desk before addressing me. "Yes. I wanted to discuss your move." He says, his face stoic and passive.

"You were serious about that?" I whine.

"Deadly." Aiden clasps his fingers together and rests them on the desk in front of him. His amber eyes are dulled with exhaustion, and his hair dishevelled; as though he had a restless sleep.

I let out a defeated huff, and cross my arms across my chest, a deep frown forming on my face.

"Now, you'll be staying with our friend, Greg. You probably don't remember him. Last time he saw us, we were kids."

"No I don't remember," I say curtly.

Aiden nods his head and continues, "You'll attend the local school, and finish your final year there. After that, you might be able to come back. But we're still discussing the options."

"I might come back?!" I sit forward and slam my hands on the desk. I wince in pain, as my ass shifts.

"Violet," Aiden growls. I lean back again, my face contorting in pain as I do so.

"You'll take the same subjects you're doing at the moment, and you will maintain your GPA."

"And if I don't?" I cock my eyebrow.

"Then you'll be punished. Mum and Dad would expect nothing less. So, drop it," he hisses. "Now. Here are the rules."

"Oh for god sake Aiden" I roll my eyes. "I am not a child! I am eighteen. How many times do I have to remind you and the boys? I can take care of myself."

"Violet Imogen Argent. You will shut your fucking mouth and listen to me." Aiden booms, slamming his fists on the desk.

My eyes widen and I gasp in shock, suddenly frightened. I looked down at my lap, nervously playing with my fingers.

"Good. Now, the most important rule is you will keep a low profile at school. Do not get involved with any drama, and do not draw attention to yourself. Do you hear me?"

I nod silently, still looking at my lap.

"That also means, no Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat. Nothing. Got it?" he continues.

I can feel his glare burning holes in my skin. My back is tense as I continue to take orders from my ridiculously overprotective brother.

"Do you understand?" Aiden presses, impatiently waiting for an answer.

"Yes."

"You will be home by 10pm every night, regardless of whether it's a school night or not."